PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - ONLINE SHOPPING

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
hollanda

PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - ONLINE SHOPPING

Post by hollanda »

In some countries, shopping online is replacing shopping at stores. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

It is true that shopping through the Internet is increasingly prevalent and even takes over shopping directly at malls in most parts of the world. In my opinion, not all the outcomes of this trend are positive because a number of drawbacks can also stem from this change.

To begin with, there are various benefits of online shopping. Firstly, it is undoubtedly true that it saves a great deal of time for shoppers. Due to the growing availability of many digital devices and gadgets, everyone can just stay at home and search for products those meet their demands. It may cost them not only time but also money for transport if they have to go to stores. Secondly, shopping online is extremely beneficial to buyers because they can compare prices and other categories of the same products in different sites. This will enable them an economical and effective shopping.

Nevertheless, purchasing goods and materials via the Internet also have several drawbacks. The most noticeable one is that it increases the possibility of buying products which are unnecessary or unsuitable. For instance, purchasers may buy an unfit clothing item since they cannot try on new clothes, which is a waste of money. Furthermore, online shoppers are also exposed to the risk of identity thieves when they do shopping in a number of online websites. The reason is that some of those websites may illegally store and use customers’ identification and personal information to gain financial benefits without customers’ knowledge. To give a clear illustration, the email addresses of clients are usually saved in online database for promotional purposes or hacking.

In conclusion, although online shopping indeed offers shoppers a range of advantages, there are also disadvantages that online shoppers need to be cautious about.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - ONLINE SHOPPING

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a very good essay. I think that you could also look at the question from other points of view, e.g. sellers, the national economy. For example, if people buy what they do not need.

All the best,
David