Please evaluate my essay (targeting 8+)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Urahara

Please evaluate my essay (targeting 8+)

Post by Urahara »

Some people say that public libraries should be free, otherwise they are just a waste of money, especially because modern technologies and the internet allow easy access to resources. Discuss and give your point of view
Today technology has taken leaps forward and education sector is one of its beneficiaries.This is nowhere evident than in schools and colleges where more and more technology is being put in to impart better education.It is argued that public libraries are of no use in this technologically enabled era and should be openly available without any cost and in this essay I second that opinion.
This will be proven by analysing how easily available the internet enabled devices have become and how sharing is just a one click affair .

To start with a convincing argument can be made about how powerful smartphones and tablets have become pocket friendly both financially as well as with respect to size.For instance one can easily buy a smartphone which has ebook reading capabilities and can sustain long hours of work .When looking at this example it is quite clear that nobody would like to spend hours jostling around in the library for their piece of read when they have their mobile phone handy.Hence charging for something that takes more time and effort would be quite useless.

Secondly sharing content over internet is a child's play.Take Google for instance which allows you to instantly share any kind of ebook or document through it without any geographical restrictions.This leaves no doubt that waiting in lines for a something that you can get instantly is such a passe.It is obvious that people would prefer having their own copy of book rather than waiting for it to be available.

In conclusion , after analysing the aforementioned points of ease of availability of internet enabled devices and the ease of sharing via internet it is obvious that there would be very few takers for paid libraries.As has been proven that investing so much for building a paid library would be a shear wastage of public money , it is expected that even the current libraries should be made free and publicly open so that they can be efficiently utilised to their maximum.
Johnson zhang

Re: Please evaluate my essay (targeting 8+)

Post by Johnson zhang »

Urahara wrote:
Some people say that public libraries should be free, otherwise they are just a waste of money, especially because modern technologies and the internet allow easy access to resources. Discuss and give your point of view
Today technology has taken leaps forward and education sector is one of its beneficiaries.This is nowhere evident than in schools and colleges where more and more technology is being put in to impart better education.It is argued that public libraries are of no use in this technologically enabled era and should be openly available without any cost and in this essay I second that opinion. This will be proven by analysing how easily available the internet enabled devices have become and how sharing is just a one click affair .

To start with a convincing argument can be made about how powerful smartphones and tablets have become pocket friendly both financially as well as with respect to size.For instance one can easily buy a smartphone which has ebook reading capabilities and can sustain long hours of work .When looking at this example it is quite clear that nobody would like to spend hours jostling around in the library for their piece of read when they have their mobile phone handy.Hence charging for something that takes more time and effort would be quite useless.

Secondly sharing content over internet is a child's play.Take Google for instance which allows you to instantly share any kind of ebook or document through it without any geographical restrictions.This leaves no doubt that waiting in lines for a something that you can get instantly is such a passe.It is obvious that people would prefer having their own copy of book rather than waiting for it to be available.

I think this paragraph shares a similar view with the last one. Essentially, it is that technologies have made books cheap and digital

In conclusion , after analysing the aforementioned points of ease of availability of internet enabled devices and the ease of sharing via internet it is obvious that there would be very few takers for paid libraries.As has been proven that investing so much for building a paid library would be a shear wastage of public money , it is expected that even the current libraries should be made free and publicly open so that they can be efficiently utilised to their maximum.
Good job. You could get an overall 8 with this ! Task response of this may hit the 8 score though.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
Urahara

Re: Please evaluate my essay (targeting 8+)

Post by Urahara »

Johnson zhang wrote:
Urahara wrote:
Today technology has taken leaps forward and education sector is one of its beneficiaries.This is nowhere evident than in schools and colleges where more and more technology is being put in to impart better education.It is argued that public libraries are of no use in this technologically enabled era and should be openly available without any cost and in this essay I second that opinion. This will be proven by analysing how easily available the internet enabled devices have become and how sharing is just a one click affair .

I think this paragraph shares a similar view with the last one. Essentially, it is that technologies have made books cheap and digital

Good job. You could get an overall 8 with this ! Task response of this may hit the 8 score though.
Any better idea that I could have used ?