Kindly assess my answer to task 1 MAP

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
IELTSUzbInstructor

Kindly assess my answer to task 1 MAP

Post by IELTSUzbInstructor »

here is my report to attached task:

The pictures illustrate how West Park Secondary School changed since it was built in 1950.

Overall, it can be seen that there did not use to be a car park in 1950, but by 2010 it had occupied a gigantic area beside the school.

The first map shows that there were some residential houses to the left of the school. Beneath that area was a farmland and a playground.

Within 30 years, the row of houses had been knocked down to make way for a small car park and a science block. Another interesting development was the conversion of farmland into a sports field.

Finally, by 2010, the car park had been expanded, taking over the area of the former sports field. A new one, which occupies relatively smaller space, was constructed by shrinking the playground.

It is interesting note that the Secondary School has always been next to a main road all these years.
Attachments
map task 1.png
map task 1.png (297.76 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Kindly assess my answer to task 1 MAP

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, not too good, I'm afraid, but here are some suggestions ....

1. Your overview needs to be longer. You should always include one point, but try to find 2-3.
2. Describe the maps in detail. You have simply 'squashed' all the changes into 1-2 (usually simple) sentences for each year.
3. If there is something 'interesting' in the charts (there usually isn't!) make sure it really is interesting.
4. Use 'north', 'south', etc., even if they are not given on the map. Assume up is north.

All the best,
David
IELTSUzbInstructor

Re: Kindly assess my answer to task 1 MAP

Post by IELTSUzbInstructor »

David.IELTS.Examiner wrote:Hello!

Overall, not too good, I'm afraid, but here are some suggestions ....

1. Your overview needs to be longer. You should always include one point, but try to find 2-3.
2. Describe the maps in detail. You have simply 'squashed' all the changes into 1-2 (usually simple) sentences for each year.
3. If there is something 'interesting' in the charts (there usually isn't!) make sure it really is interesting.
4. Use 'north', 'south', etc., even if they are not given on the map. Assume up is north.

All the best,
David
Thank you, Sir!