Please check my writing task 2 - General trining

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
fbecerra

Please check my writing task 2 - General trining

Post by fbecerra »

Some people think that wild animals should not be kept in zoos, others believe that there are good reasons for having zoos.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Zoos were invented to amuse people by bringing exotic animals from far places to the citizens in the big cities. The zoo's staff would teach tricks to the animals and the public enjoyed to watch it. Nowadays zoos have a more important mission than entertain people, therefore, they have to take care of the animals.

In Africa, species like elephants and rhinos are in extinguish danger, so they may find a safe place for reproduction in a zoo. in order to preserve the diversity of animals, zoos must keep only the animals they are going to help to increase their population. Zoos also should spend their utilities on hiring specialized veterinarians who are capable to know how the habitats have to be done for reproduction purposes. The main aim of the zoos should be to avoid some species disappear from the face of the earth.

Some animals have been rescued from hostile environments and they are not able to live again free where they come from. In the zoo of my city, there is a bear which was injured by a hunter, as a result, it was not able to walk or hunt properly anymore. However the zoo has taken care of the bear and it looks in some way happy. Helping animals that have suffered any injury is an objective of a zoo.

in short, keeping animals in any zoo only for enjoyment is not acceptable. As we can see there are two important reasons to have animals in a zoo, the first one is to help them to multiplicate in numbers and the second one is to take care of the ones that cannot live in freedom.

Thanks for checking my essay!
fbecerra

Re: Please check my writing task 2 - General trining

Post by fbecerra »

any thoughts?? I already took the test last Saturday ...
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please check my writing task 2 - General trining

Post by Flick »

fbecerra wrote:Some people think that wild animals should not be kept in zoos, others believe that there are good reasons for having zoos.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Zoos were invented to amuse people by bringing exotic animals from far places to the citizens in the big cities. The zoo's staff would teach tricks to the animals and the public enjoyed watching this. Nowadays, zoos have a more important mission than toentertain people, therefore, they have to take care of the animals.

In Africa, species like elephants and rhinos are in serious danger of extinction, so they may find a safe place for reproduction in a zoo. In order to preserve the diversity of animals, zoos must keep only the animals they are going to help to increase their population. Zoos also should spend their budgets on hiring specialized veterinarians who know how the habitats have to be set up for reproduction purposes. The main aim of zoos should be to save some species from disappearing from the face of the earth.

Some animals have been rescued from hostile environments and they are not able to return to where they came from. In the zoo of my city, there is a bear which was injured by a hunter. As a result, it was not able to walk or hunt properly anymore. However, the zoo has taken care of the bear and it looks in some ways happy. Helping animals that have suffered any injury is an objective of many zoos.

In short, keeping animals in any zoo only for enjoyment is not acceptable. As we can see, there are two important reasons to have animals in a zoo. The first one is to help them to multiply in numbers, and the second one is to take care of the ones that cannot live in freedom.