Please check my writing task 2 - General training

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
fbecerra

Please check my writing task 2 - General training

Post by fbecerra »

Hi everyone!

Could you please check my writing, I will be so grateful if you can give me a band score!
I'm looking forward for your feedback! thanks!

Many people say that cooking and eating at home is better for the individual and the family than eating out in restaurants or canteens

Do you agree or disagree?

Having meals at home is a good deal for a person who lives alone and also families due to diverse reasons which include: saving money, choosing fresh food and taking care in how the food is prepared. Going to a restaurant must be reserved only for special occasions or celebrations. In my opinion, it is better to stay at home for eating the three meals of the day.

Supermarkets offer good quality of food with excellent prices, there are also plenty of different kind of products to prepare delicious dishes at home. People are free to choose the best ingredients for any recipes moreover if there are bargains, it is a great idea to buy food for meals for all the week. Once all the food is selected and bought the next step is to prepare then in a way people like it. The variety of products and the good prices make the supermarkets the ideal places to buy food.

Preparing our own food warranties a clean and sanitary cooking, we are absolutely sure about how the meal was prepared. On the other hand when people go to a restaurant, they just can suppose that the staff, cook and assistants, are doing their job well and following the sanitary conditions involved in the preparation of food. Although, there are a government's controls that the restaurants must work accordingly to those controls or they get closed, we as a customers should check the restaurant's qualifications about cleanness. The only alternative to be sure the we are eating a clean and hygienically food is preparing it by our own.

In conclusion, cooking and eating at home is the best option, people can save money and prepare their own food. Eating outside is a good option to change the routine in particular occasions when people want to celebrate and spend more money.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please check my writing task 2 - General training

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Grammar and vocabulary are good, but there are some problems with your response.

1. So, you recommend that people go home for lunch? How will this work for many working people?
2. Many people will disagree with you about the quality of food at supermarkets - it's not all fresh fruit and vegetables!
3. What about the time it takes to prepare food? Is this going to be done mainly by women? Where does that leave working women?
4. Food hygiene depends on the environment where it is prepared. It is not automatically cleaner at home or at a restaurant. It depends.

All the best,
David
fbecerra

Post by fbecerra »

thanks David!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

fbecerra wrote:
Many people say that cooking and eating at home is better for the individual and the family than eating out in restaurants or canteens

Do you agree or disagree?

Having meals at home is a good deal for a person who lives alone as well as families for diverse reasons which include: saving money, choosing fresh food and taking care in how the food is prepared. Going to a restaurant must be reserved only for special occasions or celebrations. In my opinion, it is better to stay at home to eat all three meals of the day.

Supermarkets offer good quality food at excellent prices. There are also plenty of different products to prepare delicious dishes at home. People are free to choose the best ingredients for any recipes. Moreover, if there are bargains, it is a great idea to buy food for meals for the whole week. Once all the food is selected and bought, the next step is to prepare it in a way people like. The variety of products and good prices make supermarkets the ideal place to buy food.

Preparing our own food guarantees clean and sanitary cooking as we are absolutely sure how the meal was prepared. On the other hand, when people go to a restaurant, they can only assume that the staff, cook and assistants, are doing their job well and following the sanitary requirements involved in the preparation of food. Although there are governmental controls that the restaurants must follow or they get shut down, we as customers should check the restaurant's qualifications about cleanliness. The only alternative to be sure that we are eating clean and hygienic food is by preparing it ourselves.

In conclusion, cooking and eating at home is the best option as people can save money and prepare their own food. Eating out is a good option to change the routine for particular occasions when people want to celebrate and spend more money.