Task 2 01

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kathecampos04
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Task 2 01

Post by kathecampos04 »

Some people think learning painting and drawing at school is a waste of time while others think it is important. Discuss both points of view and give your opinion.

There is an ongoing debate on what subjects to include into the school curriculum. Some experts highlight that math or science lessons have more benefits than artistic classes. However, I think that education should be based on teaching painting skills that help boost creativity among children. This essay will analyze both sides before a conclusion is declared.
On the one hand, some believe that it is crucial for children to learn about math and scientific concepts instead of wasting time on unimportant lessons. Take for example, Chinese education includes only key subjects which allows their students to expand their knowledge in more academic fields. As a result, they apply this theory to develop technological projects at early ages compare to a Western child. However, it is evident that this approach lacks the teaching of more artistic skills that are also essential for the development of a child’s brain.
On the other hand, those children that grew up surrounded by a more artistic learning environment tend to develop artistic skills. For instance, through paintings, a child might communicate thoughts and emotions. If children struggle to express themselves, this might be a way to understand how they are feeling. In addition, imagination is linked to creativity, and both plays a significance role when a young brain is absorbing information from the outside world. This confirms that syllabus at school based on this approach enrich the thinking of the youngest.

To sum up, although many argue that a child’s education should prioritize the most important subject such mathematics formulas and scientific theory. I believe that this methodology is irrelevant because creativity and imagination would be cut off at school learning. I hope that that the intensity of painting and drawing classes should increase and be part of any academic curriculum.
Ryan

Re: Task 2 01

Post by Ryan »

Hi kathecampos04,

Attached are my thoughts.

Ryan
Attachments
kathecampos04 5.pdf
(40.07 KiB) Downloaded 390 times