Please analyse my piece of writing and mark it

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
abbasazarmehrput

Please analyse my piece of writing and mark it

Post by abbasazarmehrput »

Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment.
Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment?

There has been a heated debate among people on which kind of accommodation suits the best. Although residing in an apartment has some benefits, it is believed that the advantages of living in a house are far more than its disadvantages. Both plus points and down sides of this type of accommodation will be discussed before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

Privacy is one of the most key advantages of residing in a house. For example, a brother of mine has been living in a cottage situated in the countryside for ten years. Neighbours have never intruded on his privacy because his home is completely detached from theirs. He is more likely to meet his neighbours several times during the day if he lived in an apartment. Additionally, houses offer more rooms in order to practise gardening as well as a playground for children to play safely. This example clearly illustrates why living in a house is desired by many people.

However, living in a house has some disadvantages. For instance, a house located in northern part of Tehran costs millions of dollars. Although they would probably afford to purchase an apartment in that area, a newly-married couple even fail to rent a house there. Another disadvantage is that houses could not be found in any parts of the town with good accessibility to public transport. This clearly illustrates why living in house could have some drawbacks.

To sum up, after analysing pros and cons of living in a house, I personally believe that advantages of living in a house outweigh its drawbacks. It is recommended that more affordable houses should be built for the underprivileged in different parts of towns.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please analyse my piece of writing and mark it

Post by Flick »

abbasazarmehrput wrote:Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment.
Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment?

There has been a heated debate among people on which kind of accommodation suits the best. Although residing in an apartment has some benefits, it is believed that the advantages of living in a house outweigh the disadvantages. Both the benefits and down sides of this type of accommodation will be discussed before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

Privacy is one of the most key advantages of residing in a house. For example, a brother of mine has been living in a cottage situated in the countryside for ten years. His neighbours have never intruded on his privacy because his home is completely detached from theirs. He would be more likely to meet his neighbours several times during the day if he lived in an apartment. Additionally, houses offer more room to practice gardening as well as a playground for children to play safely. This example clearly illustrates why living in a house is desired by many people.

However, living in a house has some disadvantages. For instance, a house located in the northern part of Tehran costs millions of dollars. Although they could probably afford to purchase an apartment in that area, a newly-married couple would be unable to buy a house there. Another disadvantage is that houses can not be found in any parts of the town with good accessibility to public transport. This clearly illustrates why living in a house could have some drawbacks.

To sum up, after analysing the pros and cons of living in a house, I personally believe that the advantages of living in a house outweigh its drawbacks. It is recommended that more affordable houses should be built for the underprivileged in different parts of towns.