Letter evaluation required

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faty

Letter evaluation required

Post by faty »

You are due to start a new job but you will not be able to because you have some problem. Write a letter to your new employer:
1.Explain your situation
2. Describe your problem
3. Tell him/her when you think you can start
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

I would like to introduce myself as a new employee of your prestigious organisation. The reason in writing this letter is to request for the extension of my joining date due to unforeseen circumstances that I have recently incurred.

Two days ago, I suffered from a car accident and broke my right hand. The incident occurred because the truck ahead of me suddenly overtook my car from the left without indicating. This unusual action left me perplexed and my car hit the van on my right. Thankfully, the accident was not very severe except that my car was badly damaged.

The doctor has plastered my hand and strictly recommended for a two-week bed rest followed by physiotherapy. I am well aware that my joining date is two days from now, but unfortunately, I will not be able to mark my presence due to prevailing situation.

Believing in our esteemed relation, I therefore request you to waive three weeks for my recovery. I will be able to start my new job from 18th June instead of 26th May, after I am physically fit. I look forward for your positive response in this regard.

Yours faithfully,
Faty
terry3218

Re: Letter evaluation required

Post by terry3218 »

Hi, I also tried writing the letter on the same topic.

You are due to start a new job but you will not be able to because you have some problem. Write a letter to your new employer:
1.Explain your situation
2. Describe your problem
3. Tell him/her when you think you can start

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was appointed as an Internal Auditor in your organization last week, and I am writing to request you to delay my joining date. Please let me take a moment to explain my situation.

Last week, I was preparing for a football match that I was due to partake in, but unfortunately I tripped over after being recklessly tackled by the opposition player. As a result, my ankle was sprained and doctor has advised me to stay in bed for the next two weeks. Therefore, I would not be able to join your organization on June 25th. I am mindful of the fact that you had to initiate this project as soon as possible, but my circumstances will not allow me to follow through with the pre-agreed joining date.

My intention in writing this letter is to ask you to allow me to put-off my joining by two weeks. I hope you will be considerate in this matter and acknowledge my dire circumstances.

Looking forward to your supportive response,
Sam
faty

Post by faty »

I guess your response is much better than mine. thanks for the idea.

just that the "mindful" in your second paragraph is little perturbing. I am not sure if it is adequate to use?

Your overall response is quite assembled too.
terry3218

Post by terry3218 »

faty wrote:I guess your response is much better than mine. thanks for the idea.

just that the "mindful" in your second paragraph is little perturbing. I am not sure if it is adequate to use?

Your overall response is quite assembled too.
Hi thanks for feedback. I wrote the letter and then realized that it was below the word count requirement so I had to slip that phrase in as a last resort. But may be you're right i mean it does not sound like an ideal phrase. Thanks