Can you backpack with a business visa?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Chi

Can you backpack with a business visa?

Post by Chi »

I know business visa is for business purpose. But if you have a business visa (to any country) granted for a long period, ie 5 years, and during that period you just want to visit the country for leisure, can you do that without applying for a tourist visa?
Ryan

Re: Can you backpack with a business visa?

Post by Ryan »

Hi Chi,

I guess rules would vary from one country to another, but I think that so long as your sponsor doesn't mind you using your business visa for leisure you could probably get away with it. Here in Qatar, it's common for people to come on a business visa and then use their time in the country to establish themselves professionally. I suppose this technically isn't "leisure", but they are free to travel around the country in a manner similar to what you're talking about.

I'm trying to convince Barry from Immistay.com (http://www.immistay.com/about-me/) to join us here and provide us a bit of insight regarding Australian visas and the immigration process. He'd be the right guy to ask.
Chi

Re: Can you backpack with a business visa?

Post by Chi »

Thanks Ryan,

I was actually thinking about traveling outside of Australia. The reason I have to consider whether I can use a business visa to travel for leisure because I already have it, and there's no sponsor involved. In fact I have a privilege that allows me to go to several countries for business purposes, and I am afraid that I would misuse this privilege if the traveling is not for work/business.

Anyway, I think the best way would be contacting the embassy of the country I want to visit and ask.