IELTS WRITING TEST ON MARCH 21, 2015 IN VN. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nguyenquanghuy

IELTS WRITING TEST ON MARCH 21, 2015 IN VN. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Haizzzzzzzzzz, just finish my test this morning. Damn, I spent too much time on task 1, and my performance of task 2 was horrible, too many repetitions and grammatical mistakes. Please assess it for me, guys.

Topic: some people believe that celebrities can help international aid organizations attract the attention of people to important problems. Others think that their participation makes important problems worse (I do not remember exactly the second half of the question). Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

The participation of famous people in international charity events and aid organizations has become more and more popular. Some people subscribe to the view that thanks to their fame, celebrities can attract the concern of many people, while others believe that their involvement can make people misperceive the true purpose of aid organizations. In this essay, I will discuss both of the viewpoints.

On the one hand, many famous people usually utilize their participation to show off their concern to essential issues. Being aware of this, many people turn their back to the propagation of aid organizations. Moreover, few famous people have truly deep knowledge in important problems that they participate in; therefore, their comments and suggestions are often too general, meaningless, or even wrong. For example, Tony Abbott, the Prime Minister of Australia, had a wrong comment about the history of Australia which, as experts said, can cause serious misunderstanding of citizens.

On the other hand, with their fame and popularity, it is easy for celebrities to get the concern of a lot of people. For instance, the participation of famous people in the Earth Hours has made the program popular in many places across the world. Moreover, famous people usually have a broad network and great influence on many social classes; therefore, they can call for donation and contribution from other organizations and individuals. This is definitely necessary for aid organizations.

In conclusion, despite the dearth of knowledge, famous people can help attract the concern of other people. It is, however, suggested that their comments need to be monitored to avoid misunderstanding of people.
Crystalxu

Re: IELTS WRITING TEST ON MARCH 21, 2015 IN VN. HORRIBLE!!!!

Post by Crystalxu »

I did rubbish in listening today. So sad. I dunt know what happen to me during listening. I missed out so many. Who can post here the listening answers. Please. I need to check how many I got wrong to decide whether I am going to do the IELTS test on 28th March(next Saturday) or not.
sos1947

Re: IELTS WRITING TEST ON MARCH 21, 2015 IN VN. HORRIBLE!!!!

Post by sos1947 »

Crystalxu you need to go on 28th no matter what. For Listening test marking is bit lenient. Plus no show won't make things better. Go with no expectation.