Introduction Paragraph of Task 2 Essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
sos1947

Introduction Paragraph of Task 2 Essay

Post by sos1947 »

Hi All

Please evaluate my introduction paragraph of Task 2 essay, I have used ( or rather tried to use) Ryan's strategy on Discussion Essay. Also help me improve on my grammar.

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.

Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.

Undoubtedly, professional sports personal have a celebrity status in today's world. Furthermore, young people worship them beyond imagination. Arguably, some think that famous athletes can act as a role model for youngsters to make them work hard in their lives, while other believe that sports personal can have a negative effect on adolescents, therefore they should not be treated as gods but high achievers. Following, this essay will discuss both point of views and present author's opinion.
sandeep2206

Re: Introduction Paragraph of Task 2 Essay

Post by sandeep2206 »

[Hey! I tried my best. Wait for other's review too. All the best

Undoubtedly, professional sports personal(what is personal ?) have a celebrity status in today's world. Furthermore, young people worship them beyond imagination. Arguably, some think that famous athletes can act as a(be) role model (s)for youngsters to make them work hard in their lives, while other(s) believe that sports personal???? can have a negative effect on adolescents, therefore they should not be treated as gods ( guess role models, I understood ur intention but irrelevant ) but( high )achievers. Following, this essay will discuss both point of views and present author's opinion.[/quote]
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

Please check more Ryan videos.His pattern is not followed exactly
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
ielts_barry

Post by ielts_barry »

1.try to make your introduction simpler and concise.
2. Apprently, linking words were overused.
3. According to public band descriptors, your opinion should be clear throughout the essay. Therefore, you must at least mention your stand.
4. Try to increase not only your general lexis but also your topic vocabulary. For example, the phrase worship like gods sounds inappropriate.
ielts_barry

Post by ielts_barry »

You could use an intro like this one that i just made.

People have different views about whether or not children should idolize sports celebrities. While some individuals argue that it is absurd for young people to follow in their idols' footsteps, I believe that these sports icons can be great inspirations.
sos1947

Post by sos1947 »

Thank you sandeep2206 for corrections

Thank you ielts_barry for putting all the points, the "topic vocabulary" advice is just too good.