do colleges know how many times I appeared?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
steakpie

do colleges know how many times I appeared?

Post by steakpie »

for ielts?

or since i only submit 1 result, they don't know anything about the other attempts?

also,
if on first attempt I get better bands than 2nd attempt, can I still submit just the 1st attempt and no one would know?
or can I only submit the 2nd (latest) attempt?

thank you :)
Last edited by steakpie on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steakpie

Re: do colleges know how many times I apprared?

Post by steakpie »

anyone who can answer this?
Sohan_Patel

Re: do colleges know how many times I appeared?

Post by Sohan_Patel »

I wanna also know this .
steakpie

Post by steakpie »

anyone?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

(If any of what I've written below is inaccurate or outdated, please kindly reply to this thread with your understanding/update.)

Hi guys,

A copy of the Test Report Form (the document containing your IELTS results) is sent to the institutions you listed when applying for the exam. These institutions are referred to as "Recognising Organisations" on the exam application form and in most IELTS literature. The TRF does not indicate the number of times you have taken the exam (I confirmed this with a quick call to the British Council); however, if you attempt the exam multiple times with the same institution listed as a Recognising Organisation, that institution will receive the corresponding TRFs and thus have some understanding of your history with the IELTS. These results are also available to them online if they subscribe to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service (https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/ielts-trf/index.jsp). Institutions only have access to exams that identify them as a Recognising Organisation, although some of the literature makes clear that this ruling may be lifted under certain circumstance (i.e. investigation into instances of malpractice).

The link posted above to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service has details on what is and isn't available to subscribing institutions. For more information regarding candidate data collection and usage, read under "Your IELTS test result" and "How IELTS uses your information" on page three of this copy of the IELTS Application Form (http://www.ielts.org/pdf/IELTS_Applicat ... m_2014.pdf).
steakpie

Post by steakpie »

Ryan wrote:(If any of what I've written below is inaccurate or outdated, please kindly reply to this thread with your understanding/update.)

Hi guys,

A copy of the Test Report Form (the document containing your IELTS results) is sent to the institutions you listed when applying for the exam. These institutions are referred to as "Recognising Organisations" on the exam application form and in most IELTS literature. The TRF does not indicate the number of times you have taken the exam (I confirmed this with a quick call to the British Council); however, if you attempt the exam multiple times with the same institution listed as a Recognising Organisation, that institution will receive the corresponding TRFs and thus have some understanding of your history with the IELTS. These results are also available to them online if they subscribe to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service (https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/ielts-trf/index.jsp). Institutions only have access to exams that identify them as a Recognising Organisation, although some of the literature makes clear that this ruling may be lifted under certain circumstance (i.e. investigation into instances of malpractice).

The link posted above to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service has details on what is and isn't available to subscribing institutions. For more information regarding candidate data collection and usage, read under "Your IELTS test result" and "How IELTS uses your information" on page three of this copy of the IELTS Application Form (http://www.ielts.org/pdf/IELTS_Applicat ... m_2014.pdf).

Hi Ryan,that seems accurate....thanks for your input :)
dental

Post by dental »

Hm... In Canada, they dont care how many times you take a test. Dont worry.
So, if you think about Canadian colleges, university even master & dortoral program, you can take a test for countless.

Best of luck!