IELTS Academic from 18th October (AUS/India/Pak/VN/PH/MONG)

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Ana2.9

Re: IELTS Academic from 18th October (AUS/India/Pak/VN/PH/MO

Post by Ana2.9 »

Hi all,

Am I the ONLY one who can't access her results online?
For christ's sake, I'm going to go bonkers if these IDP people keep pulling this wait on me.
It's 3.45pm Perth time, and I keep being told the my results are not available on the online website...

Any one else?
Ana.
Ana2.9

Post by Ana2.9 »

maks.hirwani wrote:Can anyone from India is able to see his/her results for 18th October exam with IDP?
I'm in the same situation here.
I did my exam with IDP Perth and it was the most horrendous experience of an exam for me, logistics-wise.

Now, EVEN for the results we have to wait... I don't get this whole $330 thing we pay for such a bad management of resources...

Let us know if you got your results from India...
krishnabhargavt

Post by krishnabhargavt »

my friend wrote the exam on the same day from IDP... he said that results will be out on Nov 7th...
Ana2.9

Post by Ana2.9 »

I got my online results in the end, after 6 hours of waiting.
I just passed my writing with 7.

To Kelly nguyen: DO NOT give up.
Find an examiner who can mark your essays or speaking. I worked with this fellow from ieltsanswers.com.
He was pretty thorough in his assessments of my work, only just about 0.5 generous.

He marked me as 7.5 three times before I sat the 18th October exam, and I got a 7 in the end.
So keep working on it. All the best!

Ana.
kellynguyen293

Post by kellynguyen293 »

sinister_rock wrote:Hi Kelly,

First of all, I feel really really sorry for you. I took the test 10 times in total in last 4 months (18th Oct was my 10th try). I booked every test date because I knew that I am not that bad for Band 7.0 and that I don't need any special preparation to get to Band 7.0 in each. Luckily though I hit the bull's eye on 11th Oct test (my 9th try). I will say that you need more luck than preparation to pass this creepy exam. May be on the 11th Oct my luck was strong.

This morning I picked up my result from Monash. I opened the envelope and saw another miracle! and is that I got L 7.5 R 7.0 W 7.0 S 8.0 Overall 7.5 This is just crazyy..I have no use of this result now. It should have came at 2nd or 3rd try. We don't have any control over the writing and speaking examiners therefore you need solid luck. I would advice you that if you are very confident in Speaking then apply for EoR otherwise try another test on 22nd Nov.Try Deakin if you are in Melbourne.

I hope you will get the required score in your next sitting. But please don't give up.
Hi Sinister Rock,

Thanks so much for your encouragement. My feeling is better now. :D

You did fight really hard for this unreasonable exam. Congratsssss~~~ your effort is paid off. :P

Yup! I think so! I need some luck. Maybe my luck got lost and still hasn't found me yet :lol: So I will give my luck another chance to complete its mission. I already booked 22nd Nov test in Sydney. This time perhaps I'll come to the interview room and start begging the examiner to give me 7.0??? :roll: :roll: :roll: (just kidding!! :lol: )

I also requested remarking. Hope this will help me. :? :? :?

Again, thank you for your kind words and congrats your mission completed!!!! :D
kellynguyen293

Post by kellynguyen293 »

Ana2.9 wrote:I got my online results in the end, after 6 hours of waiting.
I just passed my writing with 7.

To Kelly nguyen: DO NOT give up.
Find an examiner who can mark your essays or speaking. I worked with this fellow from ieltsanswers.com.
He was pretty thorough in his assessments of my work, only just about 0.5 generous.

He marked me as 7.5 three times before I sat the 18th October exam, and I got a 7 in the end.
So keep working on it. All the best!

Ana.
Hi Anna,

Congratsss~~~ :D :D :D Also thanks for your advise! I will try this website! Hope luck will come :P

yup! I will try another time for 22nd Nov. I heard that you are in Sydney, is it right? Which centre did you take your test?
Ana2.9

Post by Ana2.9 »

[/quote]

Hi Anna,

Congratsss~~~ :D :D :D Also thanks for your advise! I will try this website! Hope luck will come :P

yup! I will try another time for 22nd Nov. I heard that you are in Sydney, is it right? Which centre did you take your test?[/quote]

Hi Kellynguyen,

I'm in Bunbury (Regional WA), and I last took my second test in Perth. It's a horrible centre in my view. Too many people and too long to wait before the start of the exam! :(

A friend of mine is also sitting the test on 22nd Nov in Perth, for the 5th time. This time, she is doing GT because it's only for migration purposes. I also recommended her an online marker for her writing and speaking.

All the best for your test. Remember that at 6.5 you are doing 90% of things right. You will only need to improve in one area. The examiner/marker should be able to help you with that.

Good luck and keep us updated! :)

Ana.
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Going from one region to another for this kind of purposes is more like a need which is something decent and at the end we the output is there the effort doesn't feel too much.
If we get to be aware of the things like jacksonville to new york city which are so useful for traveling we get a lot of help.