Hello

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
pooja sharma

Hello

Post by pooja sharma »

I am Pooja from Punjab India.Enjoying working as a govt science teacher. I m gonna appear for Ielts on 22nov(g).I feeling low as i'm not getting enough time for preperation.Plz help me out with some techniques to prepare effectively in the time i m left with.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Hello

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

pooja sharma wrote:I am Pooja from Punjab India.Enjoying working as a govt science teacher. I m gonna appear for Ielts on 22nov(g).I feeling low as i'm not getting enough time for preperation.Plz help me out with some techniques to prepare effectively in the time i m left with.
Hello Pooja,

Ryan has lots of useful videos: "https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... %20youtube" and also in my signature you can see a link to a free website I am making.

Did you take the exam before and when is your exam?

Kind regards,

Philip.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

Hello Philip,
Thanks for the recomendations of these links.I am appearing for the first time and my exam is scheduled on 22nov.I need band score r:7 w:7 l:8 s:8 overall 7.It seems a tough target to achieve.Plz do give me any advise helping me to get through this exam.

Kind regards,
Pooja
OnlineEnglishTeacher

pooja sharma wrote:Hello Philip,
Thanks for the recomendations of these links.I am appearing for the first time and my exam is scheduled on 22nov.I need band score r:7 w:7 l:8 s:8 overall 7.It seems a tough target to achieve.Plz do give me any advise helping me to get through this exam.

Kind regards,
Pooja
How are your listening and reading exam practice results?

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

my listening and reading scores are 6 bands approximately.i m practicing but feel that concentration and time management respectively are the major problems i m facing in above mentioned modules.it seems achieving the target l 8,r 7,s 8,w 7 as per my visa requirement is not possible in such a short time span.now since upgrading the skill to this level is tough so i m concentrating on gathering ideas for my writing n speaking and just doing my regular listening and reading practice.lets see what happens on 22 nov .wish me luck .
OnlineEnglishTeacher

pooja sharma wrote:my listening and reading scores are 6 bands approximately.i m practicing but feel that concentration and time management respectively are the major problems i m facing in above mentioned modules.it seems achieving the target l 8,r 7,s 8,w 7 as per my visa requirement is not possible in such a short time span.now since upgrading the skill to this level is tough so i m concentrating on gathering ideas for my writing n speaking and just doing my regular listening and reading practice.lets see what happens on 22 nov .
Here is advice for the IELTS Reading: http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... s-strategy.

pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

thanks for the links.i hope these help me in making working out my difficulties n get through the exam.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

pooja sharma wrote:thanks for the links.i hope these help me in making working out my difficulties n get through the exam.
How many practice exams are you doing each day for R+L?

pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

i m doing 2practice test for r+l module daily.well,tomorrow is my exam and relaxing my self so that i am able to concentrate for the real day.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Let us know your result.

Sohan_Patel

Post by Sohan_Patel »

To pooja,

Let us know your result after exam ...
pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

well,i m with my results l-9,s-8,r-7.5,w-6.5 overall 8.guess what i have to appear again because i could not achieve 7 bands in writing.i have to go under that stress again. my skills in writing still want time .i hope i have better luck next time.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

How is your handwriting: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... andwriting"?
pooja sharma wrote:well,i m with my results l-9,s-8,r-7.5,w-6.5 overall 8.guess what i have to appear again because i could not achieve 7 bands in writing.i have to go under that stress again. my skills in writing still want time .i hope i have better luck next time.

pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

my handwriting is legible ,i guess i have to b true to myself,i might need more practice in terms lexical resources n presentation of ideas.i took coaching for a month n watched videos on you tube ,i knew the set patterns n strategies of writing.i lacked in practice .my visa demanded l-8 s-8,i think i focused more on these modules n failed in achieving 7 in writing.now,i have to concentrate on each module smartly beside working hard.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

pooja sharma wrote:my handwriting is legible ,i guess i have to b true to myself,i might need more practice in terms lexical resources n presentation of ideas.i took coaching for a month n watched videos on you tube ,i knew the set patterns n strategies of writing.i lacked in practice .my visa demanded l-8 s-8,i think i focused more on these modules n failed in achieving 7 in writing.now,i have to concentrate on each module smartly beside working hard.
As an experienced IELTS teacher (started about 5.5-6 years ago by Skype), I would recommend trying to make each letter or word clearly legible, so that only one option is possible to read.

OnlineEnglishTeacher

Also, try to start each sentence with a complex word: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... gree-essay".
OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote:
pooja sharma wrote:my handwriting is legible ,i guess i have to b true to myself,i might need more practice in terms lexical resources n presentation of ideas.i took coaching for a month n watched videos on you tube ,i knew the set patterns n strategies of writing.i lacked in practice .my visa demanded l-8 s-8,i think i focused more on these modules n failed in achieving 7 in writing.now,i have to concentrate on each module smartly beside working hard.
As an experienced IELTS teacher (started about 5.5-6 years ago by Skype), I would recommend trying to make each letter or word clearly legible, so that only one option is possible to read.

pooja sharma

Post by pooja sharma »

thanks a lot for your suggestions.i will consider these while practice.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

pooja sharma wrote:thanks a lot for your suggestions.i will consider these while practice.
Also, I like this free writing analysis tool a lot (instructions offered): http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... t-analyser.