Please check my writing and give some tips to improve

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rule_breaker

Please check my writing and give some tips to improve

Post by rule_breaker »

Sports nowadays have become a big business with professional players are earning high incomes. A lot of companies are involved in sports both financially and in other ways. Is this a negative or positive trend?

Nowadays, many multinational companies are involved in sports and making a huge amount of revenues by hiring many famous professional players under their brand named teams. Several companies are sponsoring many sports events to earn profits by selling the name of world’s famous players. Despite this, it is believed that it is a negative trend for the future of sports. Analyzing some factors such as mind diversion of players from sport spirit to earn financial benefits and speculating in sports by mafia would prove above statement.
Firstly, the sportsmanship of sports person would be affected by such promotion of these activities. For instance, some Indian companies hire cricket players for an International premier league at a very high prices at auction for their own brand named team every year. Such events divert the spirit of a player from a national team career. Players start to play for their own financial benefits, not for the country pride and it creates a negative approach in their minds towards national spirit.

Moreover, mafia involvement in sports promotes the speculating and spot-fixing trend in it. For example, Underworld mafia highly active in sport events in India and investing black money in it. Such anti-social elements are spot-fixing in various different sports such as cricket, hockey and so more. This trend is vanishing the career of budding players too. Thus, it makes it clear that these anti-social activities are bringing negative trend in sports.

To summarize, companies are affecting sport spirit of a player to just make huge money and mafia also encourage this by speculating and spot-fixing. It is recommended that government should take essential steps to tackle such activities in sports.

Write a letter to your English speaking friend about your new accommodation and also extend an invitation to him for visiting your new place.
You should say-
• Why you changed your accommodation?
• Describe the new place?
• Extend invitation to your friend?

Dear John,

Last Sunday, I got your message from my previous neighbor. He told me that you visited my flat a week ago. I was also missing you since it has been a long time to see. Hope, you are doing well. Anyways, I am writing this letter to inform you that I have changed my accommodation near my workplace because my old flat was too far from my office.

Moreover, as you already know about my old residence which was so small in size and to manage with a joint family of seven members in such space was really impossible. Thus, I took a duplex house on rent with five bedroom suites with attached bathrooms, a kitchen, a luxurious living room and a huge parking garage. It is situated in the central city and has all facilities like supermarket, bus and train terminal nearby it. So, now I never get late to work like before.

I am sending my new address along with this letter and heartily inviting you to visit my new home as soon as possible. I hope that we will meet very soon. I look forward to hearing from your side about your next visit to my place.

Yours truly,
Preet