ielts task 2 28th of may 2016

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ucheoma

ielts task 2 28th of may 2016

Post by ucheoma »

Media coverage on violent crimes make people frighten and encourage criminals. For these reasons some people have an opinion that crime news should not be put in newspapers or on television.

To what extent do you agree or disagree

The coverage of programs relating to crime has been considered horrendous by some people as well as encouraging indulgence in criminal activities. There is call for the ban on topics related to criminality on the social media. In my opinion, I disagree with such a ban as broadcasting of this topic on the media educates us more on way of tackling the menace and also everyone has the right to viewing

To begin with, there is the right of viewing for all the populace. Everyone should know what viewing is considered excess and has the right to tune in to whatever program they want. The television and newspapers contain so many other types of interesting topics or themes which the haters of criminal coverage on the media can opt for. For example the popular Digital satellite television(DSTV) which showcases so many different programs to the world, covers education, ecology and other interesting television programming .The viewer has the option to tune into whatsoever one suits him. Nevertheless, there is fear that children could be tempted to watch the stations covering topics on crime, but this can be surmounted by activating the child lock which prevents under-aged children from viewing this at least until they become of age.

In addition, showcasing crime on television has helped informing members of the public as well as crime detectives on the ways hoodlums carry out their activities. Knowledge of this has saved the world either consciously or unconsciously on the need to become security conscious at all times. For instance a popular station “crime 204” been broadcasted every weekend has helped airport security on the ways criminals can hide explosives and ways to get hold on such bombers. An approach which could save millions of travelers.

In conclusion, the broadcasting of crime has been causing a lot of fear among people which has led to suggestions regarding it’s abolishment but it should be considered that everyone has the right to viewing and also such broadcasting informs us on ways to tackle criminals. However, it is recommended that some content to be censored before allowing the public to view so as not to offend people whom considered it unpleasant in the past
Weekend

Re: ielts task 2 28th of may 2016

Post by Weekend »

This is just how i want to write...the development of ideas is smooth.The two bodies have clear topic sentences.Youve supported the topic s. with examples appropritely.This is just a perfect essay for me.Now that i know what to do,I just dont know HOW to do it.