PLS REVIEW

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ucheoma

PLS REVIEW

Post by ucheoma »

A lot of places in the world rely on tourism as a main source of income. Unfortunately, tourism can also be a source of problems if it is not managed correctly.

Describe the advantages and disadvantages of tourism in modern world. Do you think that benefits of tourism outweight its drawbacks?

Tourism over the centuries has always been a source of revenue to most nations endowed with natural, beautiful vegetation, historical architectures and religious monuments. However, it has caused profound preventable disasters and same time assist in building nation’s economy cum improve culture awareness amongst the tourists.

Tourism has many advantages to the toured nation and the tourist in terms of knowledge which is shared between citizens of the nation and the tourists, it can create many business opportunities, decrease racism and help share common values, tourism in its merits has promoted good integration of different people of various backgrounds and beliefs hence promoting peace in the society. Many have also found religious histories interesting and rely on some of the arts and figures of their beliefs to heal their illnesses and renew souls when visited, these all culminates to a nation building and a source of revenue generation to a nation.

However, tourism in the midst of its numerous merits has also posed disastrous activities, a lot of people in the world today may use religious tourisms as a means of trafficking human beings, drugs and other contra-bands, a set of deviants of a society, religion may also use this means to implore some innocent youths to dubious attitudes. Tourism also may cause a temporary decrease in revenue of some countries whom its citizens engage in tourism in specified times of the year.

However, I am of the notion that tourism has more benefits in that these days most of the negative effects of tourism are been taken into cognizance by different governments such as protecting the airports, seas and any other mode of transportation, more security are been put on tourist sites, these measures decreases the root of causes of the menace of tourism hence uncovering the stated benefits of tourism.

In conclusion, with the above stated reasons on the ground that tourism poses insignificant hazards curbed by authorities through the advanced technologies in the world today, I believe tourism has more merits than demerits to the society.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: PLS REVIEW

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, quite good, but I think that some specific examples would improve the essay. I'm not religious myself but I find the argument about religious tourism a little dubious.

Grammar is quite good, but some sentences are very long and risk becoming unclear.

All the best,
David