Does modern technology make life more convenient or was life

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nguyenquanghuy

Does modern technology make life more convenient or was life

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Topic 1: Does modern technology make life more convenient or was life better when technology is simpler?

Nowadays, modern technologies have become indispensable parts in many sectors from communication to transportation to food processing. Some people argue that the advent of advanced technologies makes life more complicated and people busier. From my own point of view, most of those technologies have positive impact on society.

To begin with, I think, new technologies have helped people achieve many things which were previously formidable or even impossible. For example, since modern solar panels, which efficiently absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity, were introduced, the price of solar energy has been reduced significantly, encouraging more people to use this renewable source of energy. Moreover, nowadays, people usually spend less time on doing housework, travelling and writing thanks to the introduction of washing machines, motor vehicles and computers, respectively. The extra free time can be used for beneficial activities like hanging out with friends and indulging in physical exercises.

Admittedly, with the mobile phone and the Internet – two of the most important technological inventions in the previous century, people are now more approachable to their employers, making them busier every now and then. However, people can also utilize these technologies to work at home; therefore, their schedules may be more flexible, and they can spend more time with their families. In addition, together with these communication technologies, advanced transporting modes have been shortening the geographical distance, promoting economy to develop more rapidly.

In conclusion, the above examples are just a few of the many that could illustrate the case that modern technology makes life more convenient. Therefore, it is suggested that the development of technologies be one of main focuses of every country.

Please help me evaluate this essay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Does modern technology make life more convenient or was

Post by Flick »

nguyenquanghuy wrote:Topic 1: Does modern technology make life more convenient or was life better when technology is simpler?

Nowadays, modern technologies have become indispensable parts in many sectors from communication to transportation to food processing. Some people argue that the advent of advanced technologies makes life more complicated and people busier. From my own point of view, most of those technologies have had a positive impact on society.

To begin with, I think new technologies have helped people achieve many things which were previously formidable or even impossible. For example, since modern solar panels, which efficiently absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity, were introduced, the price of solar energy has been reduced significantly, encouraging more people to use this renewable source of energy. Moreover, nowadays, people usually spend less time doing housework, travelling and writing thanks to the introduction of washing machines, motor vehicles and computers, respectively. The extra free time can be used for beneficial activities like hanging out with friends and indulging in physical exercise.

Admittedly, with the mobile phone and the Internet – two of the most important technological inventions in the last century, people are now more approachable to their employers, making them busier every now and then. However, people can also utilize these technologies to work at home; therefore, their schedules may be more flexible, and they can spend more time with their families. In addition, together with these communication technologies, advanced transportation modes have been shortening geographical distance, promoting economy to develop more rapidly.

In conclusion, the above examples are just a few of the many that could illustrate the case that modern technology makes life more convenient. Therefore, it is suggested that the development of technologies be one of main focuses of every country.
Great job!
nguyenquanghuy

Re: Does modern technology make life more convenient or was

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Thank you, Flick. I really appreciate your assessment.