Recent Topics from IELTS Writing-Everyone pls contribute

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bissaggy

Recent Topics from IELTS Writing-Everyone pls contribute

Post by bissaggy »

writing task 1 bangalore, india (22nd nov 2014)..
you want to send organizer to some feedback on course
1)course details
2)how you enjoyed
3)suggesion to improve course

My take on this is below-Pls review and rate

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to you to give some feedback on the recently concluded Oracle Certification Course conducted by your Organisation in our college campus.
Firstly , I was very immensely impressed by the course. The detailing of the course is commendable as it included from the initial lessons to the very advanced oracle topics. The manner of presentation of the topics was simple and easily comprehendable . Though all sections of the course were enriching, the practical section was indeed the key.
I should admit that I had very satisfying and rewarding experience from the course. The practical sessions did fortify my oracle skills and gave insights on handling complex issues at work. With this experience under my belt, I am hopeful to clear my impending Oracle Certification with flying colours.

Though the training was very helpful, there are a few tips I would like to recommend for further improvement. Firstly, distributing the course over the span of 4 days as opposed to the current 3 days, would allow some more breathing time for students. This would help in grasping more from the course. Secondly, I would suggest to have a test after the practical. This would help the students to identify week points and work towards improvements.

Thanking you for the training course, sincerely,
Biswajit
Vidhu

Re: Recent Topics from IELTS Writing-Everyone pls contribute

Post by Vidhu »

Hi Biswajit
In my opinion, your writing is of the level 7, but I think there some little but important corrections that you must consider.
First thing which I notice is that you have used nice vocabulary but usage is not that correct. For instance, you use "very immensely impressed" , here very and immensely are similar words so its better you use don't use very with immensely. Same thing happened with "easily comprehendable" , firstly its comprehensible and secondly these two again are similar words i.e. easy to understand. I hope you are getting my point. But overall your letter is a good one. :D
bissaggy

Re: Recent Topics from IELTS Writing-Everyone pls contribute

Post by bissaggy »

Thanks vidhu and I do get your points.thanks for the feedback. My target is 8 though.