A writing task 1 about a restaurant

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
abbasazarmehrput

A writing task 1 about a restaurant

Post by abbasazarmehrput »

You and some friends ate a meal at a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, and you were very pleased with the food and the service.

Write a letter to the restaurant manager. In your letter

Give details of your visit to the restaurant

Explain the reason for the celebration

Say what was good about the food and the service

Dear Mr. Smithson,

I am writing to express my satisfaction for the food and the service received in one of your outlets called Phoenix located in south-western part of London on the fourth of July, 2015.

I heard about this restaurant from one of my colleagues so that my partner and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary in this luxurious venue. I should mention that we were accompanied by my parents coming from Iran.

We all loved all foods cooked by your chef, especially an ethnical food entitled masterpiece. We sat inside the restaurant packed with tourists coming from different parts of the world. We asked to be relocated to the outside of the outlet, where a fountain lit by an array of colourful lamps were placed. Servants immediately responded positively to our request and served our dishes there.

In the end, thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to visiting this place in near future.

Yours sincerely,

Abbas Azarmehr
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: A writing task 1 about a restaurant

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

A VERY good letter! The tone is excellent - very polite. A few grammar mistakes do not change meaning. Vocabulary is very good, with some less common items. I suggest adding some connectives to aid transition between sentences, e.g. THEREFORE, we asked to be ...

Well done and good luck with your test!
David