Writing Task 1 - Population in Italy and Yemen

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
polina.svr

Writing Task 1 - Population in Italy and Yemen

Post by polina.svr »

Hello, I would be glad to have anyone look at my text :) And I'm not sure about times to use in tasks with predictions and future. I use Future Perfect when talking about specific time (for example, BY 2050) and Future Simple when there is no specific time mentioned. Is this good enough or I should use something else? For example, WOULD instead of WILL? Does WILL sounds good in such description?
Thank you in advance :!: :)

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Picture: http://prntscr.com/ajtm1c

These charts represent the information about population of Yemen and Italy depending from age in 2000 and show the prediction to the future 2050 for these two countries.
To begin with, population of adult people in Yemen between 15 and 59 years will have increased from 46.3% to 57.3% by 2050. In turn, number of kids from 0 to 14 years will fall from 50.1 percent to 37.0. Yemen has an insignificant minority of old people (60+ years) and this amount will have slightly rose from 3.6% to 5.7% by 2050.
In comparison to Yemen, Italy will have almost half of elderly population by 2050. It was only 24.1% in 2000 and this number of people will have been 42.3% by 2050. As to the children’s age persons, predictions show that they will have decreased from 14.3% to 11.5% by 2050. Adult population in Italy demonstrate a large proportion (61.6%) in 2000 but there will be decline in this category of people to 46.2%.
To sum up, likewise Italy, Yemen mostly have adult people, but it will be more adults in the future in Yemen and less adults in Italy. Moreover, Yemen is significantly different from Italy in the number of old individuals, but this category will grow in both countries in the future. In addition, the infants and teenagers will have dropped in quantity by the 2050 in both regions.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Writing Task 1 - Population in Italy and Yemen

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a very good report. Vocabulary is very good, although be careful with quantity and proportion (last sentence).

Grammar is also very good. Try to use a variety of structures - so future perfect works here, as does will (though I prefer the use of verbs such as predict and forecast).

Well done!
David
polina.svr

Re: Writing Task 1 - Population in Italy and Yemen

Post by polina.svr »

Thank you, David!
Your comments are very helpful for me, and I will try to use more different structures in my next writing :geek: