PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - PRODUCTION

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
hollanda

PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - PRODUCTION

Post by hollanda »

Many people assume that the goal of every country should be to produce more materials and goods. To what extent do you agree or disagree that constantly increasing production is an appropriate goal?

Whether the primary aim of every country should be a consistent increasing in the production of goods and materials remains a source of controversy. In my opinion, I partly agree with this notion because although this goal in deed can be beneficial to some extent, it also results in several drawbacks and there are a number of equally important goals that countries should aim for.

To begin with, there are various reasons why some advocate the idea that constant growth in production should be the main national focus. Firstly, this leads to large supplies to meet the demands of all citizens. The excess can be exported to other countries, which generates foreign revenue. Secondly, manufacturing companies and factories will need to employ more people to facilitate their operations. This create abundant job opportunities for local residents, thus decreases the unemployment rate, which is the key driver of poverty reduction.

Nevertheless, this focus also has drawbacks and other targets can be equally critical. It is undoubtedly true that the industrialization is often accompanied by a range of environmental problems. For instance, waste and exhaust emissions from many major industrial zones are two chief causes that contribute to air and water pollution in Vietnam. Furthermore, apart from production, education can also be regarded as vital objective of any countries. A strong education system can guarantee a sufficient and competent workforce for the country in the future. In addition, education can also facilitate the inventions of new technological applications and machines, which in return enhances the productivity of manufacturing process.

In conclusion, while it may be advantageous to aim at increase in production, I believe that other goals can be just equally essential for a country to emphasize in order to attain a long-lasting affluence and development.