Please evaluate my IELTS Task-2.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Shawan Chowdhury

Please evaluate my IELTS Task-2.

Post by Shawan Chowdhury »

Q-1: Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

When is the perfect time to learn a language which is not native, in the primary level or secondary level? This question generates lots of debate among all sorts of people; some experts prefer primary level whereas others opt for the secondary level. In my opinion, children should learn a foreign language at their secondary level rather than primary one.

One of the reasons to support this viewpoint is that adolescents will get more time to cope with this. For example, they will be able to use the foreign language practically with lots of people around them for a long time. An argument in favor of this is, in primary level, the class session is much less than in the secondary level. Hence, beside class hour, they will get more time to communicate with others. The main advantage is, in primary level of education, a child has less to think of their future and usually they almost have low frustration level. For this reason, their brain will work more smoothly and efficiently.

The life of a child, who is in primary level of education, is very simple. Therefore, a frequent criticism arises here. If they need to learn a language, which is not their mother tongue then they will have more pressure. A drawback is, they will get very short leisure time. However, for the proper development of a child brain, a good amount of leisure time should be maintained. In addition, most importantly, teachers who teach at the primary level do not usually possess enough knowledge on how to provide their lesson to the students in such a way that, students will digest those very easily. Hence, this will create a big problem among those adolescents to learn an extra language.

To conclude that, there are both advantages and disadvantages on when a child should start to learn a foreign language, in primary level or in secondary level! After all those points, I think, those disadvantages outweigh the advantages.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please evaluate my IELTS Task-2.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Shawan,
I think that your main ideas are generally good, but presented in a very simplistic way (e.g. notice the overuse of 'will'). I think that a few examples would enhance the essay.
All the best,
David
Shawan Chowdhury

Post by Shawan Chowdhury »

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your helpful reply. I am now trying my best to improve my writing skill. Sorry for late reply, as I did not get any notifications for this reason could not reply you in time.

Regards,
Shawan.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Shawan Chowdhury wrote:Q-1: Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

When is the perfect time to learn a language which is not native, in the primary level or secondary level? This question generates lots of debate among all sorts of people. Some experts prefer primary level whereas others opt for the secondary level. In my opinion, children should learn a foreign language at their secondary level rather than primary one.

One of the reasons to support this viewpoint is that adolescents will have more time to cope with this. For example, they will be able to use the foreign language practically with lots of people around them for a long time. An argument in favor of this is, in primary level, the class session is much shorter than in the secondary level. Hence, beside class hour, they will get more time to communicate with others. The main advantage is, in primary level of education, a child has less capacity to think of their future and usually they have few frustrations. For this reason, their brain will work more smoothly and efficiently.

The life of a child who is in primary level of education, is very simple. Therefore, a frequent criticism arises here. If they need to learn a language which is not their mother tongue, then they will have more pressure. A drawback is, they will have less leisure time. However, for the proper development of a child's brain, a good amount of leisure time should be maintained. In addition, most importantly, teachers who teach at the primary level do not usually possess enough knowledge on how to provide their lesson to the students in such a way that students will digest the topic easily. Hence, this will create a big problem among those adolescents to learn an extra language.

To conclude, there are both advantages and disadvantages to when a child should start to learn a foreign language, in primary level or in secondary level. After all those points, I think those disadvantages outweigh the advantages.