Writing test, order

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
kroghditte

Writing test, order

Post by kroghditte »

Hello,

In IELTS Academic Writing, does anyone know whether there is a certain order that you need to do the two questions in? In other words, are you allowed and is it possible for you to do question two before question one?

Thank you!
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Writing test, order

Post by Larry »

Hello,

You can do the IELTS Academic Writing Tasks in any order. You can do Task 2 before Task 1 if you prefer. A lot of test takers do Task 2 before Task 1, because Task 2 is worth twice the points. But if you do Task 2 first, I would really recommend you leave at least 20 minutes to do Task 1.

Even though Task 2 is worth twice the points, if can't finish Task 1 it will really hurt your score.

But yes, you can do them in any order.

Hope this helps!
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Larry wrote:Hello,

You can do the IELTS Academic Writing Tasks in any order. You can do Task 2 before Task 1 if you prefer. A lot of test takers do Task 2 before Task 1, because Task 2 is worth twice the points. But if you do Task 2 first, I would really recommend you leave at least 20 minutes to do Task 1.

Even though Task 2 is worth twice the points, if can't finish Task 1 it will really hurt your score.

But yes, you can do them in any order.

Hope this helps!
Any order is also what I had assumed :-).
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
kroghditte

Post by kroghditte »

Thank you so much! It was definitely helpful.