IDP IELTS OR BRITISH COUNCIL IELTS - Who scores are better and legitimate

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
csehgal

IDP IELTS OR BRITISH COUNCIL IELTS - Who scores are better and legitimate

Post by csehgal »

I have a question that concerns every IELTS test student. Who scores better? IDP OR BRITISH COUNCIL.

To be honest I have tested for both and so far I cannot figure it out. However I have read several students mentioning that British Council have given them better scores than IDP.

My last Test was IDP IELTS - 18TH OCTOBER, 2014 - GENERAL

SCORES:

L = 8
R = 6
W = 7
S = 7.5

I am confused now if should book a date with IDP or British Council. I was not happy with how I was scored for my reading section. At home I was getting 7.5 in reading and in actual test I got 6. Rest all sections, I was happy with my scores.

Please write briefly about your experience, reviews and your knowledge to the above concern of mine. I am testing again for IELTS General -13th June but still need to find out IDP OR BRITISH COUNCIL
Bella3x

Re: IDP IELTS OR BRITISH COUNCIL IELTS - Who scores are better and legitimate

Post by Bella3x »

I haven't done an exam with IDP. But according to the English tutors I've worked with before, both use the same criteria for grading students.
csehgal

Post by csehgal »

Thanks Bella
petryworn

Post by petryworn »

Yes, I agree. Both British Council and IDP have the same grading system/criteria when it comes to the IELTS. Both of them also give the same exam. The differences would be on the test fee and venue.

http://www.jroozreview.com/faqs/
Bee10139

Post by Bee10139 »

csehgal wrote:I have a question that concerns every IELTS test student. Who scores better? IDP OR BRITISH COUNCIL.

To be honest I have tested for both and so far I cannot figure it out. However I have read several students mentioning that British Council have given them better scores than IDP.

My last Test was IDP IELTS - 18TH OCTOBER, 2014 - GENERAL

SCORES:

L = 8
R = 6
W = 7
S = 7.5

I am confused now if should book a date with IDP or British Council. I was not happy with how I was scored for my reading section. At home I was getting 7.5 in reading and in actual test I got 6. Rest all sections, I was happy with my scores.

Please write briefly about your experience, reviews and your knowledge to the above concern of mine. I am testing again for IELTS General -13th June but still need to find out IDP OR BRITISH COUNCIL
Please give me tips about acedamic IELTS. Because I'm taking test on june 13.2015. Please add me on whatsapp +923457788485
atiqomi

Post by atiqomi »

I am not sure about it but I recently gave the with the IDP Brisbane, Australia but I was totally disappointed with my result. I am preparing again...
ksamamerican

Post by ksamamerican »

Hi. Both are same. Just focus more on synonyms and vocabulary in reading. Can you add me on Skype please? I want to take 7 in Speaking.