Essential 600 words - Unit 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Coure

Essential 600 words - Unit 1

Post by Coure »

Deforestation caused by human activity is happenining in many parts of the world, with serious results for the enviornment. What
do you think can be done to solve this problem? (Support your opnion with reasons and examples from your own knowledge
and experience.

We are living in the modern age and day by day our lifestyle is advancing. Nowadays wood is one of the essential material on which our modern life depends. From furnished houses to paper industry (i.e. Books, newspapers, magazines, etc.) and from Industrial usage (vehicle, boats etc.) to everyday tools we are heavily relying on deforestation to fulfill our needs. In my opinion we have two solutions here.
First is to grow as much trees as possible. In prosperous countries when deforestation is required for different reasons like road buildings, construction and dams etc. The government plants 10 times more trees to prevent the major damage to the environment. I think that is a good approach, although we cannot prevent environmental impacts completely but to some certain extent.
Second is to research on wood alternatives. Currently plastic is one of the major alternatives to wood. By researching on alternative materials we can really reduce the usage of wood and then can prevent the deforestation too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have planned to take IELTs exam in March 2014. I have started my training from the book "Essential 600 words for IELTS". Above I have posted my writing for the Unit-1's question.
Chi

Re: Essential 600 words - Unit 1

Post by Chi »

This is my response to the same question.

As regard to Coure's response, I do not think plastic would be a viable alternative for wood as it causes damage to the environment as much as deforestation does. Anyway, if you do believe it is a practical solution, do justify yourself because the question asks you to do so.

---------------------------------

The growth of the human population and its demand for wood have caused severe damage to the forests around the world. This negatively impacts the environment which leads to the extinction of many species and diminishment of natural resources that human beings depend upon. It is urgent to stop deforestation and many solutions have been proposed by scientists and socio-economists. This essay is going to discuss a few which might be the most feasible.

Firstly, education should be designed to raise awareness of the impact of deforestation so that people would stop cutting down the forests. It is frequent that people’s harmful behaviors are caused by ignorance . This is evidenced by many studies showing that people who understand the consequences of their behaviour tend to be more considerate and think twice before engaging in a damaging action. Equipping people with the knowledge of the importance of ceasing deforestation allows them to make a conscious decision to preserve our planet, not only for their generation but also for future generations. This justifies that education is one of the most effective solutions for preventing the diminishing of the forests.

In addition, alternative materials and housing solutions should be developed to lessen the need for cutting down trees. The reasons behind deforestation are demand for materials, mainly for the manufacturing of furniture and paper, and land for agriculture and habitation. By providing alternative options for those needs, it is consequential that people will reduce clearing of the forests. For example, a current study has revealed that switching from newspapers and conventional books to electronic formats helps save millions of tons of wood and therefore a significant area of forest can be saved. This exemplifies that alternative technologies can effectively reduce deforestation.

In conclusion, the aforementioned solutions are only two of many to prevent or reduce deforestation, however I believe they are the most effective and feasible. By means of education and development of alternative technologies that eliminate the need to cut down trees, hopefully people will stop destroying the forests and begin to restore the damage already done.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

We are living in ("a") the modern age and day by day our lifestyle is advancing. Nowadays wood is one of the essential ("materials") material on which our modern life depends. From furnished houses to paper industry (i.e. Books, newspapers, magazines, etc.) and from ("industrial") Industrial usage (("vehicles") vehicle, boats etc.) to everyday tools we are heavily relying on deforestation to fulfill our needs. In my opinion we have two solutions here.
First (", we should grow") is to grow as ("many") much trees as possible. In prosperous countries (no "when") when deforestation is required for different reasons like road ("building") buildings, construction and dams etc. The government plants 10 times more trees to prevent the major damage to the environment. I think that is a good approach, although we cannot prevent environmental ("impact") impacts completely(",") but to some certain extent.
Second(, we should (no "is to") is to research (no "on") on wood alternatives. Currently plastic is one of the major alternatives to wood. By researching (no "on") on alternative materials we can really reduce the usage of wood and then can prevent the deforestation too.

166 words, so too few.

Coure wrote:Deforestation caused by human activity is happenining in many parts of the world, with serious results for the enviornment. What
do you think can be done to solve this problem? (Support your opnion with reasons and examples from your own knowledge
and experience.

We are living in the modern age and day by day our lifestyle is advancing. Nowadays wood is one of the essential material on which our modern life depends. From furnished houses to paper industry (i.e. Books, newspapers, magazines, etc.) and from Industrial usage (vehicle, boats etc.) to everyday tools we are heavily relying on deforestation to fulfill our needs. In my opinion we have two solutions here.
First is to grow as much trees as possible. In prosperous countries when deforestation is required for different reasons like road buildings, construction and dams etc. The government plants 10 times more trees to prevent the major damage to the environment. I think that is a good approach, although we cannot prevent environmental impacts completely but to some certain extent.
Second is to research on wood alternatives. Currently plastic is one of the major alternatives to wood. By researching on alternative materials we can really reduce the usage of wood and then can prevent the deforestation too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have planned to take IELTs exam in March 2014. I have started my training from the book "Essential 600 words for IELTS". Above I have posted my writing for the Unit-1's question.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Coure

Post by Coure »

Thanks a lot OnlineEnglishTeacher, really appreciate it!