Please help me assess this speaking!!!!!!!!!!

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
nguyenquanghuy

Please help me assess this speaking!!!!!!!!!!

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Below are three questions in part III. Please help me evaluate them. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question 1: What do you think education really means?
Question 2: Do you foresee there’ll be more advertisements in the future?
Question 3: Can you imagine what means of transport will be like in the future?
Attachments
future_of_means_of_transport.mp3
(873.92 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
future_of_advertisements.mp3
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 436 times
education (1).mp3
(844.94 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please help me assess this speaking!!!!!!!!!!

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Nguyenquanghuy,
Thank you for sharing these practice recordings with us.
First, I would like to say that you are quite fluent in terms of speed and vocabulary. In the first recording about the future means of transport, for example, I heard you use “it’s difficult to predict”, “fueled by,” and “renewable sources of energy.”
Additionally, the organization of your answer was good in that you used transition to link your ideas. I heard you use “moreover,” for instance. This will really help you to make your ideas clear to the interviewer.
I would encourage you to spend some time working on the pronunciation of /l/ and /r/. These are some common pronunciation problems for many students. Here are some videos that might be of some help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv84Gu2hH-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cmmBS0f5X4
Also, I would encourage you to elaborate a bit more on your answers. Aim to speak just a bit longer than you did in this first recording. You could add some more examples, perhaps.
Finally, as far as your grammar goes, I didn’t notice glaring problems like subject/verb agreement or using the wrong verb tense. I think pronunciation for you is the most important area on which you can focus.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hello, again!
Regarding your second recording on the future of advertisements, your organization, grammar (Great job with the complex sentence beginning with “Although many people are annoyed by advertisements. . .” toward the end of the recording! Also, nice job on using adverbs correctly in this and in the last recording, as when you said, “increased their sales significantly.”), and vocabulary are spot on.
Here are some thoughts on the pronunciation of a few words you said in the recording:
1.) Advertisement – This word should be pronounced - AD ver tize ment (American pronunciation) or ad VER tis ment (British pronunciation – Forgive me if that is not exactly correct because I am an American.  ).
2.) Profitable – This word should be pronounced PROF it able. It sounds like your syllable emphasis is off when you say this word and that perhaps you have made the /o/ a long vowel sound instead of a short vowel sound.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

I couldn't get the last file to download, so I can't comment on it.
nguyenquanghuy

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Thank you so much Imoore. Your comments have always been helpful for me to improve my speaking skill.

I upload here the last recording. Please help me assess it.
Attachments
education (2).mp3
(844.94 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Sorry, I still can't get it to load for some reason. It may be a problem on my end. Thanks for trying, though.
nguyenquanghuy

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Wow, maybe it is the problem of the converting software. Anw, I will post another recording later.

Thanx, Imoore for your quick reply.