Hi everyone

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Femi

Hi everyone

Post by Femi »

Hello everyone. My name is Femi. I was browsing for more practice material online when I came across this site. I think Ryan's doing a great job. I'm taking the General Test in just under a week from now. Would appreciate any help I can get in improving my writing and speaking. I'm aiming for nothing less than Band 8.
Thanks!
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Hi everyone

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Femi wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Femi. I was browsing for more practice material online when I came across this site. I think Ryan's doing a great job. I'm taking the General Test in just under a week from now. Would appreciate any help I can get in improving my writing and speaking. I'm aiming for nothing less than Band 8.
Thanks!
Hello Femi,

Have you taken the exam before?
If so, when and with what results?
What practice are you doing currently?

All the best.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Femi

Post by Femi »

Thanks for replying. No, I haven't taken the IELTS exam before. I will be taking it on March 14. I have been using the British Council's 'Road to IELTS' online preparatory material. I have also been using downloaded material from websites like ieltsbuddy.com and youtube.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Femi wrote:Thanks for replying. No, I haven't taken the IELTS exam before. I will be taking it on March 14. I have been using the British Council's 'Road to IELTS' online preparatory material. I have also been using downloaded material from websites like ieltsbuddy.com and youtube.

I see, how is the "Road to IELTS" - is it a paid course - how is it run?

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishRyan - Ryan has some free videos for the IELTS.

Have you had your speaking and writing evaluated yet?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Femi

Post by Femi »

I see, how is the "Road to IELTS" - is it a paid course - how is it run?

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishRyan - Ryan has some free videos for the IELTS.

Have you had your speaking and writing evaluated yet?
The 'Road to IELTS' is free and several hours worth of online practice material is accessible when you register for the IELTS exam. An amount is, however, charged for access to additional hours of practice material. See http://www.roadtoielts.com/ for more information.

Ryan's videos were helpful, thanks.

My speaking has not been evaluated on this forum. I would appreciate your comments on the clip I uploaded.

Thanks, again!