Argument based eassy

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
mandeep2005

Argument based eassy

Post by mandeep2005 »

Hi All,

I read somewhere else that in Argument type of eassy, we should not include our opinion in the Introduction paragraph and should reserve it for later paragraphs.
Also my reading says that i should touch both the sides of arugumet i.e Pro and Cons or Agree and Disgree.

Where as the video of Ryan says one should just stick to one and carry it along with evidences.

I am confused. Please help

Best,
Mandeep
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Argument based eassy

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

mandeep2005 wrote:Hi All,

I read somewhere else that in Argument type of eassy, we should not include our opinion in the Introduction paragraph and should reserve it for later paragraphs.
Also my reading says that i should touch both the sides of arugumet i.e Pro and Cons or Agree and Disgree.

Where as the video of Ryan says one should just stick to one and carry it along with evidences.

I am confused. Please help

Best,
Mandeep
Hello Mandeep,

For my teaching, I propose that the key issue is having a clearly structured and reasoned answer: I cannot remember seeing anywhere on the official IELTS site that one "must" give an opinion in the first para, as opposed to the last, etc. (if anyone has, then please inform me) - I tell my students that they can follow Ryan's or any other patterns, so long as it answers the question in a reasonable way - one of my students recently got 7.5 in W, although am not sure if they used my method 100%. Personally, I prefer to introduce the topic, then give my opinion in the last paragraph, however do not hold to any "right" or "wrong" way necessarily - here is an example I wrote: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... gree-essay".

Kind regards,

Philip
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"