29 Jan 2015 - GT exam quenstions

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Asmi92

29 Jan 2015 - GT exam quenstions

Post by Asmi92 »

Hi All,

I appeared for GT exam on 29 Jan at Sydney, Australia. Below are the exam questions from my memory. It was very easy, except the listening section 3 and 4. It was Scottish accent which i dislike and hence was not much comfortable. Question where to choose right option from almost a sentence long options.

Reading:
It was very easy.
Section I - an advertisement about the company offering water sports training.
Question :
True, False Not Given ( very easy and straight forward), MCQ
Section II - 4 to 5 small paragraphs about benefits offered to the members of CIM - which was an institute of marketing management
Question :
Suitable Title for the script - to be chosen for the options given
One word answers
Section III :
9 paragraphed labelled A to Ic , Topic was RFID, its practicel benefits, where it is used, defination and hardware descriptions, future uses, current uses, research etc.
Question :
Answer a letter A to I which paragraph contains the information given
One Word answers
A carpentary schools staff and their testimonials where given. 6 people from the staff.
Questions:
Match the person to a statement

Writing task 1.
A TV channel has decided to telecast a program about a place that you know. The channel has asked viewers to send ideas about this program. Write a letter to the channel, in your letter write
1) How you know this place
2) Your idea about the program
3) Why you think you idea is better and how can it help the channel ( something like this)

Writing task 2.
In many countries, children are given a lot of homework. Some people feel that if children are given less homework, then they will face less stress and can also develop extra skills.

What is your opinion about this ?

Speaking:
General talks:
1) Do you work or study ( I work so the next queestion) ?
2) Do you think your work is easy ?
3) Do you watch TV ? Which programs you like to watch ?
4) Did you watch a lot of TV when you were a child ?
5) Do you get visitor frequently ?
Cue Card:
Describe your favorite famous personality
1) Who is this person ?
2) How long they have been famous ?
3) Why is this person your favorite ?
After my time was up, examiner asked me - Whould you like to be famous ? I answered as "No - I woundn't" and then he did not ask further but started the discussion session
Discusssion:
1) What are advantages and disadvantages of being famous ?
2) Do you think being child of a famous person is good ? Why ?
3) What you think about the feeling when the person gets up in the morning one day and they are not famous any more.
J D

Re: 29 Jan 2015 - GT exam quenstions

Post by J D »

Thanks very much for your generosity :)
Asmi92

Re: 29 Jan 2015 - GT exam quenstions

Post by Asmi92 »

Hi,

Results out and I got 7.5 overall band.
Reading = 8
Listening = 7
Writing = 7
Speaking = 7.5

I am satisfied as I needed 7 in each band and this was my very first IELTS attempt so I am glad that I am through :-)

I followed Ryan's techniques only on the writing and I give full creadit to Ryan and his material for this. I had many friend who even got overall 8 and 8.5 but could not get more than 6.5 in writing. Ryan's techniques simply proven and work :-)

All the best to everyone.

Regards
Asmi