pls rate! Unable to attend seminars

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ramogi

pls rate! Unable to attend seminars

Post by ramogi »

You applied for and paid to attend a series of three work –related seminars due to begin next week. Unfortunately, you have just received news that your father has been taken ill suddenly and you will have to return home to Hong Kong to see him.

You are disappointed as the seminars would have been very helpful to your career and you were looking forward to attending.
Write a letter to the owner of the hotel. In your letter advice them of your inability to attend,express your disappointment and apologies. , ask whether you can attend the seminars at a later date, if there are no more seminars, ask for a refund

14-Jan-2014

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject: Request to attend seminars at a later date

I am writing to express my apologies for not being able to attend the three day seminar series happening in your hotel from 17th Jan-19th Jan 2014 as my father is not keeping well and he has been admitted to hospital all of a sudden due to asthmatic attack and I need to rush home to Hong Kong immediately.

I am highly disappointed as I was looking forward to attend the seminars for quiet some time as these are really important for my career growth but at the same time my family is also important to me. I wanted to check with you if you are organizing such seminars in near future and if you could share the details with me over email (abc@gmail.com).

I have already paid for the 3 day seminar through cash and the receipt number is PR567. If there are no plans yet for upcoming seminars, I would request you to refund the amount of Rs. 8000 as soon as possible by cash or cheque.

I apologize again for any loss that may have happened to you.

Regards
Ramogi
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: pls rate! Unable to attend seminars

Post by Flick »

ramogi wrote:You applied for and paid to attend a series of three work –related seminars due to begin next week. Unfortunately, you have just received news that your father has been taken ill suddenly and you will have to return home to Hong Kong to see him.

You are disappointed as the seminars would have been very helpful to your career and you were looking forward to attending.
Write a letter to the owner of the hotel. In your letter advice them of your inability to attend,express your disappointment and apologies. , ask whether you can attend the seminars at a later date, if there are no more seminars, ask for a refund

14-Jan-2014

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to express my apologies for not being able to attend the three day seminar series happening in your hotel from 17th Jan-19th Jan, 2014, as my father is not well and he has been admitted to hospital all of a sudden due to an asthma attack. Thus I need to return home to Hong Kong immediately.

I am highly disappointed as I have been looking forward to attending the seminars for quite some time, as these are really important for my career growth, but at the same time my family is also important to me. I wanted to check with you if you are organizing such seminars in the near future and if you could share the details with me over email (abc@gmail.com).

I have already paid for the 3 day seminar through cash and the receipt number is PR567. If there are no plans yet for upcoming seminars, I would request you to refund the amount of Rs. 8000 as soon as possible by cash or cheque.

I apologize again for any inconvenience.

Regards
Ramogi