speaking040115.mp3
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 729 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: need feeback on the speaking skills file

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Sats,
Sorry I’m not Ryan giving you feedback, but maybe I can provide some insight as well. Thanks for sharing about your favorite holiday destination. This place sounds really beautiful.
I am going to start with vocabulary. You use “flora and fauna,” which is high-level, but a bit too formal for the IELTS interview. Remember it is a conversation, not a job interview. You might have said that there is a great variety of plants and wildlife, such as. . .You also said “easily accessible,” which was good. I also heard “frequented,” which is great, but you didn’t quite use it correctly, which I’ll get to in the grammar part.
You answered only one question, but if you were answering questions for parts 2 or 3, I would encourage you to use transition words in your answer that will help link your ideas. You could use, “first,” “next,” “in addition,” “also,” “moreover,” “furthermore,” etc.
Your pronunciation is mostly understandable, but there were several times when I could not make out what you were saying. I would suggest that you spend some time working solely on pronunciation.
Here are some grammar notes:
-the first time I had visited it – The first time I visited it – just simple past here
-so it’s all family get together – sentence structure problem here – You might say, “It’s a family-friendly place.”
-we frequented almost once in two years – we frequented IT (quite regularly) over the last two years – “Frequented” tells how often you went somewhere. For example, “We rarely frequented the restaurant because the food was horrible,” or “We frequented the hotel often because it was so nice.”
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
sats

Re: need feeback on the speaking skills file

Post by sats »

Thanks for a detailed reply. I felt speaking impromptu would be challenging though my medium of education was English...though my mother tongue is not English. Can you give me band as well?