IELTS - ACADEMIC MODULE - 20TH DEC 2014 RESULTS!

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Octobergirl

IELTS - ACADEMIC MODULE - 20TH DEC 2014 RESULTS!

Post by Octobergirl »

Hi everyone!

I got my IELTS Score now

Listening:8.0
Reading:6.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:7.5

Overall Band: 7.0

I needed overall 7.0 and minimum 6.5 in each band, and I've met my requirement. :) :) Thank you Ryan for your amazing video tutorials which was my only guide. Thank you once again.
hacar

Re: IELTS - ACADEMIC MODULE - 20TH DEC 2014 RESULTS!

Post by hacar »

Octobergirl wrote:Hi everyone!

I got my IELTS Score now

I needed overall 7.0 and minimum 6.5 in each band, and I've met my requirement. :) :) Thank you Ryan for your amazing video tutorials which was my only guide. Thank you once again.
congratulations)))it's a great score))can you tell me,what was task 2 topic about?And if possible,speaking section also))will be very grateful to you))
blueblue58

Post by blueblue58 »

I got my IELTS Score now

hi octobergirl, I'm Robi from indonesia

is that u mean about ryan is in here ... :

http://ieltsielts.com/

and

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishRyan?hl=id&gl=ID
Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl »

hacar wrote:

I got my IELTS Score now

congratulations)))it's a great score))can you tell me,what was task 2 topic about?And if possible,speaking section also))will be very grateful to you))
Hi Hacar!

I had posted about my test in the earlier posts.

Here it is. Listening was quite easy, however the Reading test questions were a lot time consuming... Many T/F/NG types, MCQ's and Matching the pairs type came for which you had to pay careful attention & hurry in that given time. Had to be real quick and as far as Writing goes, Task 1 was about a bar chart stating the consumption of fruits & vegetables by Men & Women in the year 2006. In Task 2, you had to write a discussion type essay mentioning that government is spending public fund on exploring life outside earth. Discuss both the view points and give your opinion.
In my speaking test, the interviewer asked me many questions starting from tell me your Full name, what kind of house structure do you live in? Which is your favorite room and why? Which is your favorite public holiday and why? These were all in Part 1 of the test. In Part 2, the topic given to me was describe an interesting conversation you had with your friend. What was it about? When and where did you have it? In Part 3, there were questions ranging from what goes on in an effective presentation. Do you support the idea of using AV (audio-visual) aids at the time of presenting and also can humor have negative effects and few more questions, these are all I could recall. Hope this helps! Goodluck!

Ciao,
October Girl
Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl »

blueblue58 wrote:

I got my IELTS Score now

hi octobergirl, I'm Robi from indonesia

is that u mean about ryan is in here ... :

http://ieltsielts.com/

and

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishRyan?hl=id&gl=ID

Hi Robi,

Yes, I went through many videos on Ryan's YouTube channel. Learnt the structuring of the Task 1 and Task 2 writing too from Ryan's writing video tutorials. Also, its always good to listen to IELTS students experiences too, that was helpful as you learn few tips & tricks, avoid silly mistakes and so on.
hacar

Post by hacar »

Octobergirl wrote:
hacar wrote:

I got my IELTS Score now

Hi Hacar!

I had posted about my test in the earlier posts.

Here it is. Listening was quite easy, however the Reading test questions were a lot time consuming... Many T/F/NG types, MCQ's and Matching the pairs type came for which you had to pay careful attention & hurry in that given time. Had to be real quick and as far as Writing goes, Task 1 was about a bar chart stating the consumption of fruits & vegetables by Men & Women in the year 2006. In Task 2, you had to write a discussion type essay mentioning that government is spending public fund on exploring life outside earth. Discuss both the view points and give your opinion.
In my speaking test, the interviewer asked me many questions starting from tell me your Full name, what kind of house structure do you live in? Which is your favorite room and why? Which is your favorite public holiday and why? These were all in Part 1 of the test. In Part 2, the topic given to me was describe an interesting conversation you had with your friend. What was it about? When and where did you have it? In Part 3, there were questions ranging from what goes on in an effective presentation. Do you support the idea of using AV (audio-visual) aids at the time of presenting and also can humor have negative effects and few more questions, these are all I could recall. Hope this helps! Goodluck!

Ciao,
October Girl
thank you for this information))))
Sohan_Patel

Post by Sohan_Patel »

Hey, Congrats.
Last edited by Sohan_Patel on Mon May 11, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octobergirl

Post by Octobergirl »

Hey Sohan..

Thanks.. I did'nt do any practice for Speaking.. its just normal conversation you have with the interviewer. Just be honest and share your answers based on your personal experiences. Be confident and keep the flow of words natural and don't memorize any answers.
msasb

Post by msasb »

I am still didnt got my result

Someone can help me