Talk about IELTS result and evaluation system

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
dental

Talk about IELTS result and evaluation system

Post by dental »

I am not sure what you have opinion about evaluation system and your own experience for result.
I was wondering... Is that relative evaluation or absolute evaluation?
In my case, I took a test for 3 times with different countries.
However, I got different results, especially specking section.
What do you think about it? any comment?
smileyou1234

Re: Talk about IELTS result and evaluation system

Post by smileyou1234 »

dental wrote:I am not sure what you have opinion about evaluation system and your own experience for result.
I took the exam 3 times in different locations in the same country and my speaking turned out very differently each time. First time was 8, second time was 5.5, the third time was 6.5. That was about 1 month apart for each exam. I guess it really depends on examiners and what question you got! The first time I was very relaxed because my examiner was very friendly, and the second examiner was very serious with no facial expression at all, so I was quite nervous at that time, but I did not expect that she would give me a low score as 5.5, which really defeat my confidence. The third examiner was friendly and honestly I believed that I answered all the questions well, I thought I would get 7 but she only gave me 6.5 in the end!

I need to get 7 for each module for academic ielts and I am going to have my 4th try on Jan 10, and I hope I can pass it this time! :D
dental

Post by dental »

Thank you for sharing your experience. u know, I am not happy about IELTS result at all.

Especially, I am in rush who need to submit ielts result to my college...

I hope, you will get a good mark next test. :)
debra123

Post by debra123 »

smileyou1234 wrote:
dental wrote:I am not sure what you have opinion about evaluation system and your own experience for result.
I took the exam 3 times in different locations in the same country and my speaking turned out very differently each time. First time was 8, second time was 5.5, the third time was 6.5. That was about 1 month apart for each exam. I guess it really depends on examiners and what question you got! The first time I was very relaxed because my examiner was very friendly, and the second examiner was very serious with no facial expression at all, so I was quite nervous at that time, but I did not expect that she would give me a low score as 5.5, which really defeat my confidence. The third examiner was friendly and honestly I believed that I answered all the questions well, I thought I would get 7 but she only gave me 6.5 in the end!

I need to get 7 for each module for academic ielts and I am going to have my 4th try on Jan 10, and I hope I can pass it this time! :D

It is good to read about your experience that you took the exam 3 times in different locations in the same country and your speaking turned out very differently each time. Useful information. I will give it to my cousin that he is going to give IELTS test soon.