can you rate my essay please

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
suzzan22

can you rate my essay please

Post by suzzan22 »

can you rate my essay please:

"In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, future developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive.
To what extent do you agree with this view?"

Researches have shown that the dependence on technology to perform specific tasks has increased through the past decades. It have been predicted that technology will be more harmful in the future, rather than beneficial. This essay will discuss the possible effects of technology in our future lifestyle.

One of the major drawbacks of technology is that is have reduced the social skills of the users. This is because people communicate using emails instead of talking with the person in real life, by this less interaction is performed. Also, Emails may not show the real feelings of the participants, as their facial features are not seen. Not only that, technology also encourages slack. Since people relay more on technology to do their work, instead of doing it by themselves. Opponents of technology may point out that the development of technology will cause nothing, but an increase of the terrible behavior performed by humans.

Although there are convincing arguments in favor of the opponents of technology, I strongly believe that it is us who choose how to let technology effect us. Technology is created by humans to serve us positively, therefore we are the ones who control it. The advancement of technology may help us find cures to global diseases, such as cancer and AIDS. Furthermore, emails and the world wide web has benefited us in many ways. For example communicating with people from distances. Without technology the world will not be able to develop, and will go back, instead of moving forward.

All in all, the benefits of technology outweigh the disadvantages. In other words the advancement of technology will not harm society as long as we are using it the correct way.