MP3.mp3
(3.44 MiB) Downloaded 279 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Help to Judge attached Part-2 Speaking

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Paritosh,
Thank you for sharing about this northern Indian restaurant. It sounds like it would be a nice place at which to eat.
First, let me say that your vocabulary indicates that you have a good understanding of some higher-level English words, like compromise and ideal. You said compromise twice, however, so be careful that you don’t repeat yourself. You can avoid this by making a list of common words like big, small, interesting, etc. and writing down some appropriate synonyms for them.
Next, your pronunciation is very difficult to understand at times. I would recommend that you slow down your speech enough so that your words are more easily understandable. You are fluent in that you speak quickly and without many pauses, but your pronunciation makes it hard to comprehend your words.
Additionally, your grammar is another area which needs some work. For instance, you said at one point, “every person who visit,” and the verb here should be “visits.” You also said recommend to a person who don’t compromise on his food,” and “don’t” should be “doesn’t” here. Another example of a grammar error is when you said, “he is having a lot of other restaurants across the continents.” This should just be in the simple present: “he has a lot of other restaurants across the continent.”
Finally, your organization was okay, and I heard you use some linking phrases. I would encourage you, however, to use more transitions to make it clearer the direction in which you are taking the speech.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Paritosh

Re: Help to Judge attached Part-2 Speaking

Post by Paritosh »

Thanks so very much Imoor for the suggestions, Yeah i admit i speak too fast at times. Will work on my errors and soon going to upload many more.