Yesterday's General Writing

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Ryan

Yesterday's General Writing

Post by Ryan »

I received this via email today:
Task 1 was regarding the sport centre in our town and what do we expect to be improved.

Task 2: some people get married and have children when they are young, while some believe that should get married in their thirties. Do you see this positive or negative.
(Thank you for sharing!)
sevtap_from_tr

Re: Yesterday's General Writing

Post by sevtap_from_tr »

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for the sharing.
I am taking IELTS GT for immigration application at which I fail 0,5 points on writing. I fail to understand the type of the question.
For the last exam what type of essas is asked? Question was something like as follows;

"People loose too many time going to and from their job. Some people say that employees should be let to work from home. Considering the problem is this solution more advantageous or disadvantageous. Give examples for your statement."

Regards,
Sevtap
Istanbul, Turkiye.. 10 July 2014 L:7, R:7.5, W:6, S:7 | 16 August 2014 L:8, R:7, W:6.5, S:7.5 | 2 October 2014 L:8, R:7, W:6.5, S:7.5 | 22 Nov 2014 L:8.5, R:7.5, W:7, S:6.5 | 5 Dec 2014 Invitation Received.
victor82

Post by victor82 »

sevtap_from_tr wrote:Hi Ryan,
I am taking IELTS GT for immigration application at which I fail 0,5 points on writing. I fail to understand the type of the question.
For the last exam what type of essas is asked? Question was something like as follows;

"People loose too many time going to and from their job. Some people say that employees should be let to work from home. Considering the problem is this solution more advantageous or disadvantageous. Give examples for your statement."

Regards,
Sevtap
In my view, it is asked to write a opinion statement essay. Introduction can be the statement of your vote whether positive or negative. I'd prefer voting positive. Then 2-3 paragraphs could be the advantages of working at home. Lastly conclusion would be like a generalizing the introduction statement in a different way.
ieltsband8

Post by ieltsband8 »

Ryan wrote:I received this via email today:
Task 1 was regarding the sport centre in our town and what do we expect to be improved.

Task 2: some people get married and have children when they are young, while some believe that should get married in their thirties. Do you see this positive or negative.
(Thank you for sharing!)
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for sharing the questions. just curious have you got any idea which country are these questions from?
sankumarntt

Post by sankumarntt »

I appreciate member efforts in this forum, Do any body have General Writing for 18th October 2014.

If it is in Canada than it is more thankful.
Hidayatk

Post by Hidayatk »

Hi

I have just completed my IELTS General today (18th Oct), but I am not quite sure how did I do? Still having my fingers crossed.

Regards
Khan
ieltsband8

Post by ieltsband8 »

Hidayatk wrote:Hi

I have just completed my IELTS General today (18th Oct), but I am not quite sure how did I do? Still having my fingers crossed.

Regards
Khan
hi hidyatk

hope you get your desired score. i would truly appreciate if you could share your task1 and task 2 questions please do mention your country as well.

thanks
maks.hirwani

Post by maks.hirwani »

Took IELTS in Delhi, India today (18th October). Writing questions were:

Task 1: Write to letter to complain about traffic in your area and provide suggestions how to improve same.
Task 2: Advertisements is a good thing or a bad thing.
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

Can u guys share ur listening answers?
sevtap_from_tr

Post by sevtap_from_tr »

victor82 wrote:
sevtap_from_tr wrote:Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Sevtap
In my view, it is asked to write a opinion statement essay. Introduction can be the statement of your vote whether positive or negative. I'd prefer voting positive. Then 2-3 paragraphs could be the advantages of working at home. Lastly conclusion would be like a generalizing the introduction statement in a different way.
You must be right. I wrote a discussion essay (adv and disadv) and got 6.5.
Understanding the question is very important..
Istanbul, Turkiye.. 10 July 2014 L:7, R:7.5, W:6, S:7 | 16 August 2014 L:8, R:7, W:6.5, S:7.5 | 2 October 2014 L:8, R:7, W:6.5, S:7.5 | 22 Nov 2014 L:8.5, R:7.5, W:7, S:6.5 | 5 Dec 2014 Invitation Received.