IELTS Questions for 20th of September 2014

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
msarkar

Re: IELTS Questions for 20th of September 2014

Post by msarkar »

Hi Aditi and sinister_rock,

Could you please share the answers of listening test. I guess, I messed up on the listening test.

Thanks,
MS
Aditi

Post by Aditi »

Academic reading module answers. its randomly written sorry for that . If you know more than please
• A
• B or C confused( they said that they changed time table due to size of class or music class availability)
• B
• I am confused till 20
• 22( per term)
• Climate
• Promotion( women bear child late due to their workplace)
• Internet
• Culture
• Curtis ( teacher surname)
GT reading answer:
• Wheelchair accessible( d)
• Stable for riders( b)
• Cooking facility( a)
• Banquet ( e)

t/f/ng was about 13 question.. I am too upset for it.
Last section was about sheep and my answer were
• Sheep confused with man and women face.( NG
• Friend with dog. NG
• Sheep think human as sheep ..something like that .( T)
arsmet

Post by arsmet »

Listening seemed to be harder then before to me.
I became confused and missed some answers. :(
I have received 7.5, 8, 8 in recent IELTS listening exams, but now I just expect to receive 6.5 or 7 :cry:
Believe it or not, it was harder than normal.

Share the answers that you remember
Aditi

Post by Aditi »

That is for sure. It was very hard. My recent results for listening were 8, 8.5 and 9, now I am afraid that it will be around 6.
Very disappointing performance, please share your answer.
Aditi

Post by Aditi »

My speaking questions were:
Where are you from?
Why do people celebrate birthdays with family and friends?
How do people celebrate birthday in your country.
What do you do on the weekends?
When do you think people do shopping?
What are the things people usually shop?
Cue card:
Talk about the thing that you purchase but was very less in use.
What is the item?
Where and when did you buy it?
Reasons for not using it

Do you think recycling is necessary? Why
What are the benefits of shopping in shopping centre?
What are the disadvantages?
Do you think paper are only produced from trees or is there any alternatives?

One of my friends was asked about laws
Cue card
Talk about the law that is important in your country
Why is it imp
What government does?
I hope that will help
msarkar

Post by msarkar »

Hi Aditi,

I remember some of the answers not in order, though I am not at all confident.

Traffic
Climate
Carbon
Air
Urbanization
Professional learnings
Interview
Internet
Test results

This was my first attempt and I am totally frustrated with my performance. I need 6 at least. What band you are aiming at?
Aditi

Post by Aditi »

Hello msarkar,

i think all those answer are right because i did the same though I am confused with urbanization ... one was transportation
mrmacarong

Post by mrmacarong »

changed location
Last edited by mrmacarong on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
arsmet

Post by arsmet »

I took GENERAL test in IRAN, and our listening questions seem to be different of those mentioned above!
For example, section one was about talking to an agent for renting a house somewhere.
section 2 was about an student with a recent injury in his finger, and so on. :!:
ieltsband8

Post by ieltsband8 »

arsmet wrote:I took GENERAL test in IRAN, and our listening questions seem to be different of those mentioned above!
For example, section one was about talking to an agent for renting a house somewhere.
section 2 was about an student with a recent injury in his finger, and so on. :!:
arsmet would you like to share your writing task 1 and task 2 topics for todays exam please.
arsmet

Post by arsmet »

ieltsband8 wrote:
arsmet wrote:I took GENERAL test in IRAN, and our listening questions seem to be different of those mentioned above!
arsmet would you like to share your writing task 1 and task 2 topics for todays exam please.

Task 1:
You have been studying a course at a night school and you are unhappy with some parts of this course. write a letter to the School Director. In your letter:
- explain details about the course
- tell him/her about the problems
- ask about the action that you want to do related to those issues

Task 2:
Nations try to hold sporting events in their countries. some people say it would be beneficial, others say it would bring problems.
Discus both views and express your own...
aneeb

Post by aneeb »

I also appeared from Pakistan and got the same test as arsmet. One of the listening topics was a lecture by a person regarding her research on pine Scott trees and its uses and another regarding some community efforts in gardening etc . The reading section was easy, completed 20min earlier than the allocated time and had sufficient time to recheck my answers twice. There was one passage regarding parking facilities at the airport, second was regarding safety at workplace and preventing accidents and spills, third one was ergonomics of mouse and keyboard and fourth was an article on Maldives and their environmental protection efforts.
Last edited by aneeb on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aneeb

Post by aneeb »

One of the tips I would give for reading section is to read questions first then skim through the passages to find relevant points to answer the questions, rather than reading the entire passage first because you might spend extra time to comprehend some difficult information which is not even asked in the questions that follow.
ieltsband8

Post by ieltsband8 »

aneeb wrote:I also appeared from Pakistan and got the same test as arsmet. One of the listening topics was a lecture by a person regarding her research on pine Scott trees and its uses and another regarding some community efforts in gardening etc . The reading section was easy, completed 20min earlier than the allocated time and had sufficient time to recheck my answers twice. There was one passage regarding parking facilities at the airport, second was regarding safety at workplace and preventing accidents and spills, third one was ergonomics of mouse and keyboard and fourth was an article on Maldives and their environmental protection efforts.
@ arsmet thanks for sharing the essay and letter topics i truly appreciate that.

@ aneeb how did your test go? i hope you get your desired score btw where about from Pakistan are you? i'm from karachi it would be nice if you could recommend me any institute for ielts preparation.
Elbira

Post by Elbira »

Hello guys
I'm in Canada and the questions are totally different from the other countries!!!
I thought that it's going to be global and all are the same..
Wish you all the best
Elbira

Post by Elbira »

Your listening exam is similer to the one in Canada
By the way how many hours different between Iran and Canada ontario
May be next time I can know the Qs before entering the exam
arsmet

Post by arsmet »

Elbira wrote:
Your listening exam is similer to the one in Canada
By the way how many hours different between Iran and Canada ontario
May be next time I can know the Qs before entering the exam

There's an 8 hour difference between Ontario, CANADA and IRAN. So it works!
mr_masry

Post by mr_masry »

Anyone here from Egypt or even the Middle east who can check the listening answers with me ?
nekita

Post by nekita »

Hi, can anyone took exam in the USA share their exam questions please?
Sham

Post by Sham »

Arsmet! Please, add me to your skype: shamshodonline. I had the same exam, lets share our experience!
aneeb

Post by aneeb »

[quote="@ aneeb how did your test go? i hope you get your desired score btw where about from Pakistan are you? i'm from karachi it would be nice if you could recommend me any institute for ielts preparation.[/quote]

I'm from Lahore, I need to score Band 7 for each component. I didn't join any institute due to my job timings. I practiced reading and listening components online, from various websites. Faltered a bit in speaking because I finished in less than 2min but fluency was there, let's see what score I'm awarded.
arsmet

Post by arsmet »

Sham wrote:Arsmet! Please, add me to your skype: shamshodonline. I had the same exam, lets share our experience!
sure, c u on skype.
nekita

Post by nekita »

rainshine wrote:hi iam new here.. I still dont know how to use this site... me too im planning to take my exam this october 2 but as early as now i want to practice my speaking can i add you on skype?

Hi,Rainshine

I will take the exam in USA on 2nd Oct as well. where are you going to take the exam? We can share the questions each other. :D
nekita

Post by nekita »

hi, I just don't know how post a new topic. Can anyone help me please?
sanjuz

Post by sanjuz »

Hi
I am looking for answers of exam 20 Sep 2014
I am from India attend the Exam IELTS GT on 20th Sep.

Listening Section 1: Agent talking about house rent and Section 4 Pine Woods.

Reading: Section 3 - Rockstar Bands Albums

Can I have answers for Reading & Listening.

And for Writing the somehow I write only 246 Words and last moment I counted are they going to deduct the half band for not 250 words in essay task 2