tax for education

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

tax for education

Post by allen_zhang »

Families who send their children to private schools should not be required to pay taxes that support the state education system.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

People pay taxes and they expect being paid off through public services. Based on this conviction, some people argue that those parents of children who attend private school should not need to pay taxes that support the state education system because they do not benefit from the services of the public education system. Personally, I completely disagree with this view.

To begin with, from the perspective of practicability, it would be difficult to calculate the exact amount of tax reduction for these families that do not have children in public schools. In most societies, there is no specific education tax and therefore, it would be complex for staff to manage the process of calculating the tax reduction.

Furthermore, taxation is not a business and being strictly fair to everyone is never the point of it. Everyone may pay a certain amount of tax for public services that they may not use. For example, most people are fortunate enough not to have to call the police or fire brigade at any time in their lives, but they do not get any tax reduction for this.

More importantly, having a high quality education system is beneficial to all members of society, as it will result in a well-educated workforce, and in turn a more productive and prosperous nation. Those parents whose children go to a private school will also see the advantages of this in their own lives. For example, a company owner will need well qualified and competent staff, and a well-funded education system can provide such employees.

In conclusion, I do not believe that any concession should be made for those who choose private education.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
Johnson zhang

Re: tax for education

Post by Johnson zhang »

Not bad at all. The best work I've seen from you personally.

The first sentence is a bit awkward. I think you were trying to say, " most people expect to get some benefits from paying tax to their government.'

the use of the word ," conviction ", is very awkward.

parents of children who..., should not pay... taxes that support.....because....
Your ideas here are not clear enough for me. I'm not sure about how others would think.

I like your conclusion. But "concession" does not mean what you intended it to do.
I think you were trying to say,
In conclusion, I strongly vote against any special privilege to be given to wealth families with kids in a private school. It is unfair to let them to dodge the responsibility and allow them to withdraw their support to a country's public education system.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
allen_zhang

Post by allen_zhang »

Thank you Johnson.
Your comments are very helpful.
Most of this piece is not my work but Simon's.
I tried to reorganize his words.

What do you think about changing "conviction" to "understanding"?
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
durai

Post by durai »

Hi Allen, How you going?
sorry to hear that you have missed this time too..but keep trying , you will hit it...
below is my suggestions, these may be wrong, you double check those...

People pay taxes and they expect being paid off through public services. Based on this conviction (fact), some people argue that those (this pronoun may not required) parents of children who attend private schools should not need either" should not required" or " need not " to pay taxes that support the state education system because they do not benefit from the services of the public education system. Personally, I completely disagree with this view.

To begin with, from the perspective of practicability, it would be difficult to calculate the exact amount of tax reduction for these families that do not have children in public schools. the subject you refer to is not exactly to the topic, you may say" the exact amount of tax reduction for families that have children in private schools" Because you changed the topic to opposite direction, means less tax for people haven't send children to public schools, it doesn't mean that they are sending them to private schools In most societies, there is no specific education tax and therefore, it would be complex for staff to manage the process of calculating the tax reduction. how you it is difficult, without examples it is quite hard to convince the reader,

ex: " For example, in China, the government withdraw tax credits to parents of private school children due its complexity in calculation. The reason is they unable to make fair tax implications to other parents.

This paragraph is not fully extended, in other words weak task response..

Furthermore, taxation is not a business and being strictly fair to everyone is never the point of it. unclear, waht it refers to ? taxation, if yes, then tax is something should be fair to all citizens Everyone may pay a certain amount of tax for public services that they may not use. For example, most people are fortunate enough not to have to call the police or fire brigade at any time in their lives, but they do not get any tax reduction for this.

More importantly, having a high quality education system is beneficial to all members of society, as it will result in a well-educated workforce, and in turn a more productive and prosperous nation. Those parents whose children go to a private school will also see the advantages of this in their own lives. For example, a company owner will need well qualified and competent staff, and a well-funded education system can provide such employees. i think this one is completely irrelevant, you should talk something about schools with tax and parents

In conclusion, I do not believe that any concession tax credits should be made for those who choose private education.
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
ishakampani

Post by ishakampani »

as it is a topic of what extent can we write that i completely agree with the statement..because from where m getting coaching they always tell to write i tend to agree in such kind of topics...
durai

Post by durai »

Hi Ishkampani,

You can agree, disagree or partly agree or disagree as long as you have given enough ideas and explained in full..

I would say pick one that you have many points to say with examples.

durai
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7