Please check and rate my task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
alaakurdi

Please check and rate my task 1

Post by alaakurdi »

Please check my task 1 and refer to my mistakes, errors and weaknesses. Tell me if my sentences are too long or I feet robotic or clumsy with the transitional words. And is it acceptable to write 187 words? Finally try to grade my paragraph.
Please see the attached file. Thanks in advance.

The table below lists the main methods of transport students use in Britain, Australia and Singapore. We already know that most people in Britain and Australia are more dependent on personal transport than public transport, and they rarely walk to their destinations. With a closer look to the table we notice that a quarter of the students in Singapore go to school on foot, while a smaller percentages, only 15 and 19 per cent, are recorded for Australia and Britain respectively. Interestingly, when it comes to cars, we notice a huge difference between Singapore on one hand and the other two countries on the other hand; in both Britain and Australia 65 per cent of the students use cars when travelling to their schools, compared with a tiny percentage: only 10 per cent for Singapore. The last method to mention is the public transport which is the most popular in Singapore. More than half the students in Singapore use the underground, tram and bus to go to school, while only fifth the Australian students and sixteen per cent of the British students tend to use public transport.
Attachments
Table
Table
4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - download.png (100.03 KiB) Viewed 1096 times