Rate my task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
npr.ielts7

Rate my task 2

Post by npr.ielts7 »

Many people have to retire at the age 60 or 65. However, some suggest that these people should be allowed to work for as long as they wish. What are the pros and cons of this situation?

Globally, the argument about when a person should retire is a topic of debate. Some countries have a fixed age for retirement. Many believe that there should not be any age restrictions, while others refute this argument. In this essay, I will focus on the advantages and disadvantages for this argument before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

For one, when working on complex requirements, experience in handling such situation is the most sought after. Senior citizens, in their lifetime would have tackled many such situations and can sail us through these difficult times. Furthermore, they can act as mentors to junior team members and help them learn the intricacies of the business. Thus, it can be seen that aged people bring stability to the group and thereby help the organisation grow.

On the other hand, to sustain in this competitive world, businesses are required to have quick turnaround time and to achieve this they are required to take quick decisions. It is a known fact that as we grow old, the ability to concentrate for long durations and take aggressive decisions diminishes. Since, senior people suffer from these age related disorders they tend to become a liability to the company and bring huge losses to the business.

To sum up, there are several advantages and disadvantages of allowing people to operate as long as they desire. However, after looking at both sides, I can conclude that the disadvantages outweigh advantages. Therefore, an upper age limit should be fixed until when a people are allowed to work.

IELTS Scores:- BC: (06/07/2013): R-8;L-9;W-6.5;S-6| IDP: (21/09/2013) R-9;L-8.5;W-6.5;S-6.5 | (09/11/2013) ????
npr.ielts7

Re: Rate my task 2

Post by npr.ielts7 »

bump
IELTS Scores:- BC: (06/07/2013): R-8;L-9;W-6.5;S-6| IDP: (21/09/2013) R-9;L-8.5;W-6.5;S-6.5 | (09/11/2013) ????