Please Grade me! My First IELTS speaking Practice.

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Charmy

Post by Charmy »

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=233
Attachments
a.mp3
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please Grade me! My First IELTS speaking Practice.

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Charmy,
Thanks for sharing your first practice speaking with us! Here are a few thoughts that can hopefully help guide and focus your speaking practice.
Your fluency is quite good, in general. You speak quickly, and effectively make conversational use of “kind of,” “like,” and “usually.” I would encourage you, however, to significantly reduce the number of times you say “kind of” and “usually.” You use them too often. For “usually,” you can easily find synonyms, such as “typically,” or “in general.”
Some grammar/sentence structure/vocabulary notes:
1.) On weekend – This should be “on the weekend,” or “on weekends.”
2.) I usually have to be wrapped up with my daily task. – This should be, “I usually have many daily tasks to do,” or “I am typically wrapped up with my daily tasks.” Be sure to say the “s” at the end of “task” to make it plural.
3.) I have a plenty of time. – I have plenty of time. Do not use “a” in front of “plenty of time.”
Your recording stopped abruptly, so I didn’t hear all your answers to the task questions. I wish you the best as you continue to practice!
Charmy

Re: Please Grade me! My First IELTS speaking Practice.

Post by Charmy »

lmoore wrote:Hello, Charmy,
Thanks for sharing your first practice speaking with us! Here are a few thoughts that can hopefully help guide and focus your speaking practice.
Your fluency is quite good, in general. You speak quickly, and effectively make conversational use of “kind of,” “like,” and “usually.” I would encourage you, however, to significantly reduce the number of times you say “kind of” and “usually.” You use them too often. For “usually,” you can easily find synonyms, such as “typically,” or “in general.”
Some grammar/sentence structure/vocabulary notes:
1.) On weekend – This should be “on the weekend,” or “on weekends.”
2.) I usually have to be wrapped up with my daily task. – This should be, “I usually have many daily tasks to do,” or “I am typically wrapped up with my daily tasks.” Be sure to say the “s” at the end of “task” to make it plural.
3.) I have a plenty of time. – I have plenty of time. Do not use “a” in front of “plenty of time.”
Your recording stopped abruptly, so I didn’t hear all your answers to the task questions. I wish you the best as you continue to practice!
Thanks a lot for your feedback. It helped a lot. I hope you could rate more of my other recordings.