Hi Ryan i have my exam next week , guys evaluate my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
npr.ielts7

Re: Hi Ryan i have my exam next week , guys evaluate my essa

Post by npr.ielts7 »

My version on same topic...

Universities are the breeding ground for future leaders. It is from these universities graduates will step into corporate world. It is believed that universities should groom graduates and make them ready for corporate world by providing required skills and knowledge. In this essay, it will be analysed how presentation skills and problem solving skills will help graduates at workplace.

For one, presentation skill is the most important skill to sustain in any organisation. Employees are required to talk to either prospective or existing customers. These employees will be the face of a company to customers. If an employee fails in presenting his ideas to the clients, there will be a high risk of losing business to competition. Thus, Universities should include a course on presentation skills in the curriculum to better prepare students for their future roles.

In addition to the above, Organisations compete with each other to provide optimal solutions to client problems. Thus, in this competitive world ability to think and quickly arrive at a solution is highly appreciated. Each and every employee in an organisation are expected to perform this role. Therefore, Organisations will specifically look for such skills when hiring a new employee. A graduate lagging in this area will see a direct impact on his employability.

As can be seen form the above, Universities play a huge role in providing graduates with the required knowledge and skills to survive at a workplace. Therefore, Universities should consider including courses such as presentation skills and problem solving skills in their curriculum along with the technical skills.

word count : 260
IELTS Scores:- BC: (06/07/2013): R-8;L-9;W-6.5;S-6| IDP: (21/09/2013) R-9;L-8.5;W-6.5;S-6.5 | (09/11/2013) ????
delvydavis

Re: Hi Ryan i have my exam next week , guys evaluate my essa

Post by delvydavis »

Here is my essay on the same topic:

Knowledge is power and education is the main platform for knowledge and skills. While some people argue about the university education that is based on necessary skills to survive in the job industry, others think that the universities should allow its students to gain knowledge on any topic. Although universities should focus on the skills and knowledge regarding the more demanding jobs, I believe universities should be the place where students can learn about a variety of subjects.

Today’s world is very competitive where to get a job is a nightmare. Nowadays, one has to attend many interviews and skill tests to obtain a job in the industry. From my own experience, I had to compete with thousands of candidates at different stages of the selection process in which I failed to grab my desired position in the United Nations. This shows that the skills and education one achieved the university are not sufficient to guarantee a job. Therefore, universities must teach courses which are extensively job oriented.

At the same time, neglecting other valuable subjects and information are also undesirable. If one candidate gets failed to pull a job in his field of study and he has knowledge of other subjects, he may get picked for the alternate job. For example, a telecommunication engineer who also studied IT subjects at university may choose to apply for IT jobs which is fairly easy to be selected. Thus it is clearly understood that one should not restrict himself on any particular subject, rather gain knowledge in anything. For this the universities must grant access to knowledge on all subjects.

After analyzing these, it is clear that not only the universities should concentrate on job oriented courses, but also for those outgoing graduates, it should pave the way to success.
PAST IELTS:
(09-06-2012) L-7,R-6.6,W-5.5,S-8.5 ; Overall-7.0
(06-07-2013) L-6.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5 ; Overall-6.5
(21-09-2013) L-6.5,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-7; Overall-7.0
(07-12-2013) L-8.0,R-7.0,W-7.5,S-8.5 Overall-8.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn4S3z_WO4