IELTS TEST (ACAD) LAST 10 MAY 2014 LONDON

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
lantis_jovic

IELTS TEST (ACAD) LAST 10 MAY 2014 LONDON

Post by lantis_jovic »

Listening

Section 1 : Inquiring about courses in a summer class (fill in the blanks- table)
Section 2: Booking in a prestigious hotel accommodation (map, matching type, multiple choice)
Section 3: Impressions of a student who underwent a hotel internship (multiple choice, matching type)
Section 4: All About Music (Sentence completion/Fill in the blanks)

Reading
Passage 1: Ancient Tree in Peru: Huarango Tree. (Fill in the blanks - table, True/False/Not Given)
Passage 2: About stress at work (Matching type, Fill in the blanks)
Passage 3: Economic History of Britain (Middle Ages) (Multiple Choice, Yes/No/Not Given)

Writing

WT1: A diagram showing how sea water is being converted to fresh water in a desalination plant.

WT2: The involvement of young people in criminal activities. What are the causes? And why some young people do not get involved to such criminal acts. Give possible solution to the problem.

Speaking

Interview
What's your full name?
Where are you from?
Do you work or study?
Do you like cooking?
Who does the cooking in your house?
Do you think its beneficial for a child if he learns to cook at a young age?
Do you wear a watch?
How important is the wrist watch for you?

Cue Card
State a time in your life when you were very busy. Say When did it happen?
Why did it happen?
What did you feel about it?
How did you manage to control the situation?

Discussion
Why do other people know how to manage their time while other people do not?
Do you mind waiting for people who come late in an agreed appointment?
How would you practice time management?
How would you compare the leisure time of people nowadays from the leisure time spent by people before?
Do you think it's a good idea to spend your leisure time in a quiet environment?

Please correct or add if I forgot to mention other topics.
Last edited by lantis_jovic on Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan

Re: IELTS TEST (ACAD) LAST 10 MAY 2014 LONDON

Post by Ryan »

Terrific account, lantis_jovic. Thank you for taking the time to share it here.
arazis

Post by arazis »

Ryan i really feel uncomfortable about this. on may 10 both in Kazakstan, Turkey, Azerbaijan and in Uk questions were same. Student hwo takes exam in KAzakstan could send all questions to his/her friend in Uk before they take it. (4 hour difference bewteen astana and london). How we can trust this exam then? i can arrange some plan and ask some english teacher to write me a perfect 9 or 8.5 band essay and i can learn by heart al listenig quest ansewrs maybe reading answers also and get 9 from all parts. i think its unfair.
crestschools14

Post by crestschools14 »

hello everyone..
London IELTS courses include both General and Academic English and are used to assess English language skills of all applying for higher education abroad.