New speech shadowing video! Part 3: Board games and society🃏

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
Ryan

New speech shadowing video! Part 3: Board games and society🃏

Post by Ryan »

Do the full exercise here:

Why do you think games are popular at social gatherings and family events?

I think they are popular because of their ability to foster a sense of camaraderie and engagement. They act as icebreakers, encouraging people to interact and bond over shared experiences...thereby breaking any initial awkwardness. Furthermore, games inject an element of fun and excitement into these gatherings, making them enjoyable for everyone involved.

In what ways do games contribute to improving social skills and communication among people?

I would say games encourage effective verbal and non-verbal communication, as players must explain rules and strategies. This enhances interpersonal communication skills by encouraging people to speak clearly and listen actively. Games also often involve teamwork and collaboration, which fosters a sense of cooperation and trust among participants. I would say these are the main ways in which games improve a person's social skills.

Some people argue that board games can be educational. What are your thoughts on this?

I wholeheartedly agree with the notion that board games can be highly educational. Board games often incorporate various cognitive skills, including critical thinking, problem solving and strategic planning, and they often are explicitly designed for educational purposes, covering topics such as mathematics, history and language acquisition. For example, my nephew's geography improved dramatically while playing the game Risk, which involves intercontinental battle between players on a world map.

What types of board games do you believe will be popular in the future?

Hmm I imagine future board games will integrate augmented reality or even virtual reality. Additionally, I think games could do a lot to promote themes of social responsibility, such as the importance of sustainability and environmental awareness. Ultimately, the future of board games will likely be shaped by the evolving interests and values of society, but I don’t think they’ll ever lose their appeal as a source of social interaction and entertainment.

Thank you. That is the end of the speaking exam.