Thanks Ryan here's my first essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
CharlieChan
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Thanks Ryan here's my first essay

Post by CharlieChan »

Some people believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh disadvantages?

It is argued by some people that to achieve another language is by far more effective in initial school age for children in comparison to secondary school. It seems to me that due to the process of learning in brain the benefits of language learning at primary school is more prior than secondary school .

Admittedly, there are several merits to discourage learning other language in secondary school .For one, students need more practice to achieve a new skill, which is able to demotivate learners from developing learning that language .By this I mean that, in brain learning is processed by translation from mother language, and it needs practicing during a period of time .Secondly, some pupils has already chosen their interest at this stage ,which can affect on the process of new learning .Finally Curriculum of secondary school presumably is filled by several materials ,which can downgrade the key role of learning other language .Students therefore are not interested in learning foreign language owing to the above reasons .

Nevertheless, I agree that the process of learning language essentially should be started from early stage of education at school .In other words , speaking in other language is more achievable in younger age .Moreover brain does not process on learning hypothetically, and other language is assumed as mother language by children at primary school age . For example, children with age of 7 to 12 have this ability and capacity to speak two or more languages .Hence, providing that people had started learning English from young age , they would be able to speak fluently at their current life.

In conclusion, it is advised to learn other language from early age of school and I believe the positive points of this theory outweigh drawbacks of learning it in secondary school.
Ryan

Re: Thanks Ryan here's my first essay

Post by Ryan »

Hi Charlie,

Attached are my thoughts.
Charlie 1.pdf
(44.27 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
CharlieChan
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Re: Thanks Ryan here's my first essay

Post by CharlieChan »