Hi. Please assess my essay. Thank you.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Mohamad Faramarzi

Hi. Please assess my essay. Thank you.

Post by Mohamad Faramarzi »

Some people say the main way to be happy in life is to have a lot of money.
How might having a lot of money make people happy?
What other things in life can make people happy?

It is often argued that the prime way to feel happiness in life is to be rich. Being wealthy makes one content since they do not struggle financially and woud be able to own whatever they wish. However, I believe that other factors, namely healthy relationships and fulfilling jobs can also cause happiness.

Having a lot of money makes one happy in two ways. Firstly, rich people are not stressed out financially. Unlike average ones, they are not worried about paying off mortgages and student loans or paying the bills. According to National Psychology, these are the main root causes of depression. Since wealthy people do not have to deal with these obstacles, they are typically happier than others. Moreover, wealth enables them to purchase everything they want. They live in gigantic, palatial houses, drive brand new cars and wear expensive, fashionable clothes. The fact that they can own whatever they want gives them a great sense of pleasure and success, resulting in feeling happiness deeply.

Nevertheless, money is not the only way to be content in life and other factors, such as meaningful relationships and rewarding jobs can contribute to one’s contentment. When one feels depressed and unhappy facing failures and difficulties in life, the support of their caring family or friends would take away all their anxiety, leading to making them happy. A recent study by BBC demonstrated that people who are surrounded by compassionate, supportive family and friends are three times happier than the ones who choose to live lonely. As well as relationships, I would argue that fulfilling jobs can bring tremendous amount of joy in one’s life. Take teachers and doctors, for instance. They are very content since they know that they are improving people’s quality of life and their societies’ condition. These jobs are always ranked as the most fulfilling careers by researchers.

In conclusion, even though wealth brings joy in one’s life by enabling them to own different stuff and live a comfortable life, other contributors, such as rewarding jobs and healthy relationships can cause happiness,too.