Writing Task 2 please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
habibka

Writing Task 2 please evaluate

Post by habibka »

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
“Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.”

There has always been a debate among people that does technology made children less creative or not. While many postulate that they have become less creative, others claim that their creativity indeed cultivated. Personally, I believe that technology adversely affected children’s creativity and in this essay, I will support my opinion with reasons and examples.

First, children always look for something to keep themselves busy, and before the advent of technology, they had nothing but their cultivation to achieve that goal. What I mean by this is
that they had to look around themselves and garages to find something and most of the time they had to invent a new game or toy. For example, when I was 9 I used to build traps in the yard by using ropes, buckets, and my toy guns. It was fun but most of the time it didn’t work so I had to keep changing it for days until It became somewhat usable. But these days there are thousands of games in the app stores and children are not required to use their creativity as they can just download whatever they like. To recap finding a hobby has become so easy that children do not feel the need to use their imagination and creativity to invent a hobby for themselves.

Second, the advent of search engines dramatically affected our lives and our attitude toward a problem. A decade ago whenever a child has a question they had to think about it in order to find an answer but nowadays they can find it in two clicks so they don’t have to bother themselves to think and investigate. For instance, last week I told my 8-year cousin to disassemble his toy gun to understand how it works. But instead, he said I do not have to I can search for it and after a few minutes, he told me OK, this picture shows how it works. A creative child should not just find the answers on the internet they should struggle with the problem and try to find it themselves Otherwise, their creativity would not flourish.

To sum up, technology has made children less creative because they don’t have to invent a hobby they are inundated with mobile games and also all answers are just in their pocket so they don’t have to think anymore.