Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
habibka

Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post by habibka »

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, most children spend their leisure time playing video games. Most parents find it an easy way to keep their children busy while doing their own business. Personally, I believe that we should not allow children to play games. In this essay, I will support my opinion with reasons and examples.

Firstly, what is the benefit of playing video games? Have you ever seen anyone who had learned something useful from video games? If I want to be honest I have not. For example, my 9-year-old cousin who plays video games all time just became more aggressive. The only thing he had learned is how to kill people and the names of guns. Video games have become his whole life and he doesn’t live in reality anymore. When I see my cousin, I realize that video games are not only just a waste of time but indeed it’s harmful.

Secondly, video games are rather addictive, what I mean by this is that when children start playing them they don’t sense passing time and as a result, they sit in that position for hours. This phenomenon might seriously damage their spine. For instance, when I was a child I used to play GTA for hours each day. It was too addictive that I used to play it without a tiny rest from time to time and consequently, I have back and neck problems nowadays. All children who play video games are susceptible to these kinds of harm and we should take it seriously.

To sum up, seeing a child playing video games is a commonplace that should be stopped. Because they incite violence among young people and also might adversely affect their health conditions. In my view, children should spend their free time with more useful activities like reading and exercising instead of playing video games.