Kindly Evaluate This Practice Test (5)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
omar.rohaiem

Kindly Evaluate This Practice Test (5)

Post by omar.rohaiem »

The world is heavily dependent on oil for energy. Do you think a future resource will take oil’s place? Why do you think this?

Oil is one of the most important and oldest energy sources discovered by mankind. It is probably used in all industries, be it crude or manufactured. The world depends on it to the extent that it has become a traded good and dictates the economical development of many countries. However, with the increase of pollution, the world is moving towards more ecofriendly sources of energy and I expect that electricity is expected to take oil’s place. The reasons behind this claim will be covered in this essay.

Firstly, electricity has proven that it is safer on the environment. It doesn’t result in any form of pollution and is renewable. Also, it can be generated from several resources, be it water hydraulics, windmills, and so on. Many countries began using electricity as an alternative fuel source. For instance, German car manufacturers started designing and producing hybrid vehicles that use both oil and electricity as fuel, in a step for electricity to overtake oil as the main source of energy. Moreover, some industrial conglomerates use electricity as their main source of energy, embracing an ecofriendly approach towards business. For example, Silicon Valley is operated entirely on electricity, setting an example for other industrial conglomerates to follow.

Moreover, electricity a cheaper energy resource. Even though it requires heavy investment to build stations at first, on the long run it becomes a cheap and renewable energy source. Many countries have even begun to export electricity such as Sweden and Germany. Thus, it can be concluded that electricity is not only renewable, but even cheap to produce.

To summarize, I believe the world’s dependency on oil is coming to a halt soon and will be replaced by electricity, the latter being cheaper and in the same time ecofriendly. I think that many countries opt to converge to electricity usage as an energy source and study the investment behind generating it.